• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: TCU News: “We’re at the stage of co-existing with the coronavirus.”

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU News: “We’re at the stage of co-existing with the coronavirus.”

Melissa B. Triebwasser

TCU is preparing for everything, and holding a high standard for themselves and their opponents.

Playing matchmaker. With so much uncertainty facing schools going into the season, it’s possible that opponents could be scheduled less than a week out. If a program has an outbreak and is forced to bail on a game, schools will be looking for opponents potentially within days of the would-be open date.

That means schools could be playing the same opponent more than once during the regular season, if it makes sense at the time.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...co-existing-with-the-coronavirus”/ar-BB16fWZJ

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
"...it's possible that opponents could be scheduled less than a week out."

I don't see how that would be possible. The scheduling of games far out in advance allows for the logistical challenges that exist any time you move 100 athletes, coaches, assorted hangers-on, all the gear, equipment, and make arrangements for food and potential lodging for such a horde. Even a simple bus ride across town is a huge undertaking.

"...it's possible that opponents could be scheduled less than a week out."

I don't see how that would be possible. The scheduling of games far out in advance allows for the logistical challenges that exist any time you move 100 athletes, coaches, assorted hangers-on, all the gear, equipment, and make arrangements for food and potential lodging for such a horde. Even a simple bus ride across town is a huge undertaking.

I think we should just have hub cities. Austin, Tuscaloosa and Columbus (can I still say that?) Because it's their birthright.