• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

ShadowFrog

Moderators
A buddy of mine thinks it is a wonderful structure. Even went out and bought a coffee-table book of the architect's other buildings, Tadao Ando, if memory serves...

I simply find it a featureless, cubic, thing. I know, I know, "Swans landing on water." Yeah. More like Buicks sliding into 'Park' to me. I never liked the cubist, brutalist architecture of the 50s and 60s. Always looked like they were trying to emulate Soviet architecture. Yuck.

Driving back to visit my Mom, I pass by the Matagorda County Courthouse. Probably the ugliest structure in the entire State. They smashed a perfectly good, gracefully designed old building and installed a ghastly brutalist monstrosity. Utterly hideous.
Yuck indeed, looks like a mini FBI now.

TCUdirtbag

Assuming the Hotel finishes up in the next 3 months, 2021 will be the first time in 15 years that a new building won't open on campus.

Very likely to be repeated in 2022. In fact, other than the renovation of the vacating Sadler Hall, there’s a real chance Boschini doesn’t open another facility as Chancellor.

One of the next projects was the BLUU expansion, and I recently heard that’s looking less like a 2021-23 project and more like a 2025 project now.

Paul in uhh

New admin building:

First picture is from the TB/PW parking lot. Others from Berry.

I Can’t be the only one who thinks “The Harrison” as the official name for a building sounds ultra douchey. Beautiful bldg though. I like the nondescript white security shack that borders the driveway and berry.

HToady

I Can’t be the only one who thinks “The Harrison” as the official name for a building sounds ultra douchey. Beautiful bldg though. I like the nondescript white security shack that borders the driveway and berry.
From the looks of it, it should be appropriately named Reich Stag...