• The KillerFrogs

Season Ticket Seat Upgrades?

tcumaniac

Which is the right decision in these uncertain times.
Correct.

As I posted in the original thread, my only rebuttal is that I do think a happy medium could have been reached. I get why TCU chose not to go down that path, but I think it was doable.

TCU could have created a system where people had the right to permanently drop their seats, or select a one year waiver with the right to renew those seats in 2021.

This would have made it easy to determine the available inventory and allowed for there to still be an upgrade process.

My biggest point for this being that fans are not always wanting to simply “upgrade” their seats. Sometimes people are wanting to consolidate multiple seats into a single section together. Or sometimes people may want to move to a cheaper section bc they’ve decided that paying for the more expensive section is no longer worth it to them. Or maybe someone was wanting to renew their parking, but wanted to use the upgrade window to move to a cheaper lot.

There are all kinds of different ways people use the upgrade window other than just wanting to move up some rows. IMO, finding a way to still provide some kind of upgrade process would have been a practical way to incentivize and reward fans that decided to renew during the unknown of Covid.

But I digress.

Big Frog II

They are going to have to spread us out somehow. We very well may not have our regular seats. Of course to get to see football, I'll stand on top of the scoreboard if that's what it takes.

The Bad Guy

Unless you are a big donor or family/friends of a player, you'll be lucky to see two games this year anyways.

I hope they don’t go that route considering most of the “big donors” sit in the parking lots during the games or don’t even come to the campus... but sadly I think you are correct.

party frog

Call WFAA

They reported just two days ago that large outdoor gatherings like the protests did not contribute to the rise in cases. WFAA either needs to correct their statements or be all in for college football with fans this year.

tcumaniac

If there are games this year, there will be no fans.
Not sure if you’re speaking from a perspective of having insider info, or if you’re just speculating based on common sense, but based on the direction things are going, I tend to agree with you.

Brog

They are going to have to spread us out somehow. We very well may not have our regular seats. Of course to get to see football, I'll stand on top of the scoreboard if that's what it takes.

Sorry, Big, but with six foot spacing there's only room for four of us on top of the Scoreboard, and all places are already taken.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Correct.

As I posted in the original thread, my only rebuttal is that I do think a happy medium could have been reached. I get why TCU chose not to go down that path, but I think it was doable.

TCU could have created a system where people had the right to permanently drop their seats, or select a one year waiver with the right to renew those seats in 2021.

This would have made it easy to determine the available inventory and allowed for there to still be an upgrade process.

My biggest point for this being that fans are not always wanting to simply “upgrade” their seats. Sometimes people are wanting to consolidate multiple seats into a single section together. Or sometimes people may want to move to a cheaper section bc they’ve decided that paying for the more expensive section is no longer worth it to them. Or maybe someone was wanting to renew their parking, but wanted to use the upgrade window to move to a cheaper lot.

There are all kinds of different ways people use the upgrade window other than just wanting to move up some rows. IMO, finding a way to still provide some kind of upgrade process would have been a practical way to incentivize and reward fans that decided to renew during the unknown of Covid.

But I digress.
I just wanted to parrot the uncertain times mantra.

netty2424

If there are games this year, there will be no fans.
I can’t see a path other than this.
Donati’s tweet about opposing teams testing measures matching up to TCU’s was telling as well. Body bag game is off for sure if he’s being serious.