• The KillerFrogs

Under Armour

netty2424

I wouldn't call it crap. When they first launched their apparel it was really nice and ahead of the curve. Everyone in my high school was wearing their gear for football, basketball, etc...The problem is Nike and everyone else caught up to them. I also feel that they stretched themselves too much trying to sponsor teams and make footwear. At this point I think their best bet is focusing on the hunting and camping industry and more specialized sports.
UA couldn’t crack the shoe market. UA apparel lines imo are pretty good, but their shoes are terrible. They look like a generic off brand.

Nike has massive advantage there and wearing Nike shoes with UA gear is like wearing a North Face shirt or vest, and a Patagonia hat. Just looks weird.

TCUdirtbag

I guess it just depends on the reason that UA enacted the force majeure clause. Is it because of COVID-19? They were pretty vague about the reasoning.

I was really referencing where the contract language states:

The parties had to "take all reasonable steps to work around, reduce, or mitigate the effects" of the force majeure event.

Did any of that happen or does UA just want out of a bad contract?

FM is a stretch, at best. There were rumors about this since at least last fall.

Skip Jansen

FM is a stretch, at best. There were rumors about this since at least last fall.

I agree. This will end in a settlement.

UCLA/Cal will sue claiming UA acted in bad faith blah blah blah. UA will respond with some BS legalese claiming blah blah. All the while, both sides knowing that the relationship between the two is over.

UCLA/Cal will get new apparel deals from Adidas or Nike and UA will pay each school X amount of dollars over X amount of years. Non-disclosure is attached. End of story.

Last edited: