• The KillerFrogs

Under Armour

Skip Jansen

For those who aren't aware. UA has made UCLA and Cal aware that they are terminating their 'partnership' with both schools. They are currently in the early stages of multi-million dollar long term agreements to outfit both schools. And it seems that those won't be the only two schools they intend to split with. Boston College and Navy look like they could be next.

Obviously, UA has been having financial difficulties, but they just re-upped with Texas Tech. What's the end game here?

Eight

For those who aren't aware. UA has made UCLA and Cal aware that they are terminating their 'partnership' with both schools. They are currently in the early stages of multi-million dollar long term agreements to outfit both schools. And it seems that those won't be the only two schools they intend to split with. Boston College and Navy look like they could be next.

Obviously, UA has been having financial difficulties, but they just re-upped with Texas Tech. What's the end game here?

when the feds are investigating you for accounting questions and kids aren't buying your gear maybe spending all that money on schools might not be the best idea

DeuceBoogieNights

Who buys that crap anyway?

I wouldn't call it crap. When they first launched their apparel it was really nice and ahead of the curve. Everyone in my high school was wearing their gear for football, basketball, etc...The problem is Nike and everyone else caught up to them. I also feel that they stretched themselves too much trying to sponsor teams and make footwear. At this point I think their best bet is focusing on the hunting and camping industry and more specialized sports.

TCUdirtbag

The UCLA and Cal deals were terrible for UA. They way, way, way overpaid, and they simply can’t afford to stick it out. I’m sure the surely imminent litigation will be costly, though.

The Tech deal was actually bad for Tech—their fans are upset because it’s less money and less attention from UA.

Skip Jansen

The UCLA and Cal deals were terrible for UA. They way, way, way overpaid, and they simply can’t afford to stick it out. I’m sure the surely imminent litigation will be costly, though.

The Tech deal was actually bad for Tech—their fans are upset because it’s less money and less attention from UA.

I don't think UA intends for this to get to that point. I personally think that this is just a tactic the force the school's hand.

This situation has an interesting dynamic to it. UA knows that they probably can't win in litigation. But, they still have a lot of leverage (sounds crazy I know). Reason being is, they know these schools will not want a relationship with them anymore. Or do any or them want to be a creditor in a bankruptcy.

UA will probably end up reaching a settlement with each school and will be able to pay it over a period of time.

Punter1

CryptoMiner

I don't think UA intends for this to get to that point. I personally think that this is just a tactic the force the school's hand.

This situation has an interesting dynamic to it. UA knows that they probably can't win in litigation. But, they still have a lot of leverage (sounds crazy I know). Reason being is, they know these schools will not want a relationship with them anymore. Or do any or them want to be a creditor in a bankruptcy.

UA will probably end up reaching a settlement with each school and will be able to pay it over a period of time.

Apparently Cal never actually signed their contract but the fact UA complied for three years could be burdensome. Both contracts contained force majeure clauses so getting out of this years payments probably not too hard to accomplish.

Skip Jansen

Apparently Cal never actually signed their contract but the fact UA complied for three years could be burdensome. Both contracts contained force majeure clauses so getting out of this years payments probably not too hard to accomplish.

Even with the force majeure, UA would have to show that they attempted to remedy the situation. I haven't seen anything that said they attempted to negotiate something different. They just want to terminate the entirety of the contract. That's why I think this is just to force the schools into a settlement.

Eight

https://www.exofficio.com/mens-give...0093S&cgid=mens_underwear_boxerbriefs#start=1

If you like the UA boxer briefs...you'll love these. More pricey then UA but lighter and more breathable. Keeps swamp ass to a minimum. Best boxers out there hands down...

1e4c2af9d3deb8ecf6869741d94be4fd.jpg

Skip Jansen

It may look better than they think once UA gets finished slashing contracts. I'd be worried about UA being a viable company for the length of the contract. I hope Chris Beard looks good in LuLuLemon.

Brog

Even with the force majeure, UA would have to show that they attempted to remedy the situation. I haven't seen anything that said they attempted to negotiate something different. They just want to terminate the entirety of the contract. That's why I think this is just to force the schools into a settlement.

Have to admit that I've never had any trouble at all with the force majeure.

Skip Jansen

Have to admit that I've never had any trouble at all with the force majeure.

I guess it just depends on the reason that UA enacted the force majeure clause. Is it because of COVID-19? They were pretty vague about the reasoning.

I was really referencing where the contract language states:

The parties had to "take all reasonable steps to work around, reduce, or mitigate the effects" of the force majeure event.

Did any of that happen or does UA just want out of a bad contract?