• The KillerFrogs

Marcel Brooks In Transfer Portal

Skip Jansen

The LSU people I know say that he definitely is coming to TCU. and they are sad to see him leave. They said that he is a really good kid and an outstanding player. Apparently, there was some issue with his position.

He wanted to play S and LSU had hm at LB (you guys probably have discussed this) or something like that. They said that the position is basically a hybrid, in their defense, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Good news either way.

They thought he really just wanted to come back home to Texas. These guys usually know what's going on in Baton Rouge.

Wexahu

The LSU people I know say that he definitely is coming to TCU. and they are sad to see him leave. They said that he is a really good kid and an outstanding player. Apparently, there was some issue with his position.

He wanted to play S and LSU had hm at LB (you guys probably have discussed this) or something like that. They said that the position is basically a hybrid, in their defense, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Good news either way.

They thought he really just wanted to come back home to Texas. These guys usually know what's going on in Baton Rouge.

Probably a reach, but if this is in fact true, I wonder if landing Evans is/was any factor. I think there is definitely some internal pressure on these kids to pick one of the biggest brands out of high school. Hopefully Evans (and then Brooks) helps break that dam.

Skip Jansen

Taking a longer view of this. If these two young men (Zach and Marcel) have huge college careers and go high in the draft, it may go a long way towards TCU finally signing some big time "In-State" talent. I'm tired of SEC grabbin our kids.

Agree with this 100%. That's exactly what Bama has been selling kids for over a decade. They also can sell playing for National Championships, but the real deciding factor for most is the NFL.

Obviously, I am more involved with basketball recruiting, but a lot of the same issues are prevalent in football. The percentage of kids that get good advice is low, as is the percentage of kids who make a researched decision, based on finding the right 'fit'. Better late than never on Marcel though.

Last edited:

illini_frog

LSU boards? Can you understand them any better on a message board than you can in person?

fair point, they just had something about him being a Baylor fan as a kid, who knows.

And hybrid players like that are perfect in the 4-2-5 so hopefully he realizes playing for GP will be his ticket to the NFL