• The KillerFrogs

OT — Puppy Coming Soon

Froglaw

Good morning

for the first time in years the Steel household will once again heat the putter pat of little feet.

We don’t want to crate the little guy.

he will mostly not be alone so biggest concern is nighttime.

any suggestions for how to minimize the peeing in house at night? Should we get one of those pee Mats?

garces in advance

Crate.

PurpleBlood87

I just got a new dog about a month ago.
He's a Jack Russell Terrier mix who will be six at the end of July.
Saw him at the shelter and he didn't seem to like me.
But something kept tugging at my heart to give him another shot.
I went and saw him again and this time he put his paws up on me and was so friendly I took him home that day.
Best decision I have made in a while.
He is such a good boy and so well behaved.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Ok. Next question:

chewing. Very mouthy. Everything goes in mouth and gets chewed on.

is the answer just have a lot of chew things and toys and pork chomps etc? When he chews something bad redirect him to a good chew thing?

Ron Swanson

Ok. Next question:

is the answer just have a lot of chew things and toys and pork chomps etc? When he chews something bad redirect him to a good chew thing?
I read that the main reason they chew is excess energy. Work them out as much as possible so they’re too tired to chew on your stuff. It worked for my aussies.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Ok. Next question:

Yes. Keep anything (like shoes, electric cords) you don't want chewed on out of sight and out of reach.

Baby pups have to teethe just like baby people.

And since you got a male puppy, plan on anything in the house that's vertical to get a leg lifted on it. Won't happen as often after you have him neutered...but it will still happen.

Horned Toad

I just got a new dog about a month ago.
He's a Jack Russell Terrier mix who will be six at the end of July.
Saw him at the shelter and he didn't seem to like me.
But something kept tugging at my heart to give him another shot.
I went and saw him again and this time he put his paws up on me and was so friendly I took him home that day.
Best decision I have made in a while.
He is such a good boy and so well behaved.
I’ve got two Jack Russel Terriers that are brother and sister to each other. They are the most insane breed of dog I’ve ever seen. Territorial and smart, they don’t know how little they really are. Highly intelligent and will only mind you if they feel like it. They both were top of their training classes when they were pups. Sometimes they’ll look back at me when I’m trying to get them to stop something and then turn around and keep on doing whatever it was they were into. I’m usually like, why you little sombitches! I love them to death.

Eight

I’ve got two Jack Russel Terriers that are brother and sister to each other. They are the most insane breed of dog I’ve ever seen. Territorial and smart, they don’t know how little they really are. Highly intelligent and will only mind you if they feel like it. They both were top of their training classes when they were pups. Sometimes they’ll look back at me when I’m trying to get them to stop something and then turn around and keep on doing whatever it was they were into. I’m usually like, why you little sombitches! I love them to death.

been told those are a breed of dog you want someone to give you when they are 5-6 years old

PurpleBlood87

He gets so mad at me when I put on his harness to walk him. Then he won't move for a little bit. As soon as I take the harness off he starts running around and jumping.

SuperBarrFrog

Sounds exactly like the Fox Terrier I had growing up. Dog was smart that I could play hide and seek with it and it could learn tricks easily. Also knew exactly what things to pull off the counter and break that would really piss you off, like glasses or ink pens.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Update on the Pup:

First of all, your advices have been great. Some of them reminded Steel of when we used to have puppies.

Anyways, this little IW guy is really intuitive. Came to us Sunday, just before turning 9 weeks (which was 6/30); not house trained. Now he is pretty much house trained, already.

Got him a bunch of things to chew; did get a fabric crate that he goes in at night, no problems. he even dives in there sometimes during the day.

He's between 20-30 pounds now, eats 3 bowls a day with a scrambled egg in there. Now that he's getting into a routine at our house, is sleeping more.

Never know what you're going to get with a dog but this one seems like he's going to be a really good one.

Eight

Update on the Pup:

First of all, your advices have been great. Some of them reminded Steel of when we used to have puppies.

Anyways, this little IW guy is really intuitive. Came to us Sunday, just before turning 9 weeks (which was 6/30); not house trained. Now he is pretty much house trained, already.

Got him a bunch of things to chew; did get a fabric crate that he goes in at night, no problems. he even dives in there sometimes during the day.

He's between 20-30 pounds now, eats 3 bowls a day with a scrambled egg in there. Now that he's getting into a routine at our house, is sleeping more.

Never know what you're going to get with a dog but this one seems like he's going to be a really good one.

teach him to type and sounds like he can take over doing the posts for 4-5 of your ghost profiles here

SuperBarrFrog

Update on the Pup:

Just wait until he’ll only accept poached eggs with the yolk broken over his food.