• The KillerFrogs

2021 Hoops Recruiting

Froggish

I feel like the key for TCU hoops is to play with tempo and share the ball well offensively and defensively our on ball defense has to continue to improve.

Rose Bowl

All I know is we beat BU, TT and WVU with our worst team under CJD. This team has more depth and overall size so I believe we “can” be good enough to get to the the madness. We would be so much better if Samuel could make a jumper but I don’t think he can. That’s why I hope Lampkin can contribute.

I’m amazed at how many Frog fans have no idea who Easley is or what he’s done. Coming into this season he is the most accomplished player on the team. He was one of the top 30 freshmen in the country in the ‘18-‘19 and if he stays healthy the sky is the limit.

MTfrog5

All I know is we beat BU, TT and WVU with our worst team under CJD. This team has more depth and overall size so I believe we “can” be good enough to get to the the madness. We would be so much better if Samuel could make a jumper but I don’t think he can. That’s why I hope Lampkin can contribute.

I’m amazed at how many Frog fans have no idea who Easley is or what he’s done. Coming into this season he is the most accomplished player on the team. He was one of the top 30 freshmen in the country in the ‘18-‘19 and if he stays healthy the sky is the limit.
Just a reminder I called the BU win in November

netty2424

Just a reminder I called the BU win in November
high-five04.gif

Farmfrog

I had a conversation with a guy at the Dr office and he told me that the BB team was going to be awful. He said without Des we might not win more than 10-11 games. I asked if he went to games and he said he’s a longtime STH.

People think they aren’t out there but there’s plenty unfortunately.

CountryFrog

I had a conversation with a guy at the Dr office and he told me that the BB team was going to be awful. He said without Des we might not win more than 10-11 games. I asked if he went to games and he said he’s a longtime STH.

Anyone who thinks we might only win 10-11 games must not know how many OOC games we play. We'll be there before B12 play starts.

Dogfrog

Does he have credibility beyond being a long time sth?

Skip Jansen

Frogs will definitely miss Des. I don't think anyone questions that. One player won't be able to replace that production. It will have to come as a group effort.

I ran across some stats that show where the Frogs points came from last year and how efficient they were scoring the ball. Can the Frogs pick up their scoring in areas (other than the 3 pt. line) and be more efficient doing so. That's the real question.

The following is TCU's Points per Possession and the percentage of where their points came from, as well as, where that ranked in the Big 12. The last metric is the Frogs PPP differential (to their opponents) -

-
PPP 0.953 (8th)

-
2PT%. 43.8% (8th)

-
3PT% 39.4% (1st)

-
FT% 14.8% (9th)

-
PPP (Diff) -0.004 (8th)

Last edited:
Skip do we have anyone who can post up and get a decent shot off late in shot clock?

Do you think anyone can improve into a great 3 point shooter and help open up the lane for us?

Do you see any position where we have best player in big 12 potential?

Skip Jansen

Skip do we have anyone who can post up and get a decent shot off late in shot clock?

Do you think anyone can improve into a great 3 point shooter and help open up the lane for us?

Do you see any position where we have best player in big 12 potential?

Jeff-

Post Up- Not really. Although Easley has that potential. Doubt we see much of that in this offense.

Late in the Clock Scorer- RJ is really the best option here. Guys like that are hard to find. And this is a very important component in Jamie's offense.

3 Pt. Shooters- IMO, the biggest improvement you will see is the perimeter shooting of Smith and Fuller. As for the rest- Bello is a good shooter, as are Easley and O'Bannon.

Best Position Player- Samuel will be one of the best 5s in the B12.

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

Skip, how good do you think Easley and O’Bannon will be? I’m in the camp that believes that Easley will be our best player but who do you think will be our best player? What do you think the bench will look like?

Do you think we will play our non-con games this year?

Skip Jansen

Skip, how good do you think Easley and O’Bannon will be? I’m in the camp that believes that Easley will be our best player but who do you think will be our best player? What do you think the bench will look like?

Do you think we will play our non-con games this year?

I think Easley is really good. I see him being the 1st or 2nd leading scorer on the team and most likely 2nd leading rebounder. Not 100% sure what to think of O'Bannon. He has some ability, but he hasn't done it at the collegiate level yet. He has a big body and can shoot, but it remains to be seen if he has all of the other aspects to succeed at this level.

As for the non-conference portion of the schedule. Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

Armadillo

The three names that I hear most from the staff are-

- PG A.J. Neal 6-1 Orlando, FL
- PG Frankie Collins 6-1 Chandler, AZ
- C Souleymane Doumbia 7-0 Navarro JC

Skip, tell your amigos to go get KJ Adams. Do whatever takes. He'll take us to the next level.

We also should have gone after Greg Brown. ut stinks and they still landed him. No one should be sticking around the people's republic of austin. Plus, Jamie Dixon > shaka smart. Forget the Australians, let's get some talented Texas kids.

Go get KJ.

Skip Jansen

Skip, tell your amigos to go get KJ Adams. Do whatever takes. He'll take us to the next level.

We also should have gone after Greg Brown. ut stinks and they still landed him. No one should be sticking around the people's republic of austin. Plus, Jamie Dixon > shaka smart. Forget the Australians, let's get some talented Texas kids.

Go get KJ.

LOL. They are already recruiting him pretty hard. I agree with you that he would be a big addition.

The Australian players were recruited mostly by David (although Ryan has some great overseas connections as well).

I do think there is a conscious effort to focus on the state of Texas. We'll see if that's the right move or not.