• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

FREE: Rivals TCU lands commitment from hometown OT Jacoby Jackson

https://tcu.rivals.com/news/tcu-lands-commitment-from-hometown-ot-jacoby-jackson

IN HIS OWN WORDS
"I realized I wanted to go to TCU a long time ago. The biggest reason I wanted to commit (now) is because of how close I am with everybody; we’re already a family and I know they have my back."

"This was definitely the toughest decision of my life. What separated them from everyone is that they're close to home, so it’s not hard for my family to make games. Playing in the Big 12, they're constantly putting guys in the NFL and I know I can get a great education there."

"I would definitely say Coach (Garrett) Altman (played a big role). They just constantly checked up on me and made sure I was good. Most of our conversations aren’t even about football; it’s about other important things in life."

"What stood out to me most is just how much they can help me during college and after football. They have many things to set me up for greatness. They think I can be a great tackle for them. I know I can go in and compete early, which I can’t wait to do. The biggest selling point is them putting a whole bunch of guys in the league, especially at the O-line position. They have like 11 current offensive linemen in the league and those guys are actually playing."

berryfrog95

“Most of our conversations aren’t even about football; it’s about other important things in life."

Awesome to continually see this. This is going a long way as time are changing constantly.

Congrats Jacoby.

Ron Swanson

This has pretty much always been at TCU. It seems GP and staff are really selective and mostly only offer “pieces to puzzle” players. I also think they are reluctant to offer players they’ve never seen in person. It is interesting.
Yeah we are always at the bottom of the list for offers given out.

froginmn

e1d4cf268d205ff30a492a50e5e3b7cdb4f08be8694075bffeb1b7be50b8fc62.jpg