• The KillerFrogs

No more Gator Chomp

CryptoMiner

So what are they going to do when 20.000 students (and other fans) continue to defy this order? Turn a fire hose on them?

Nobody is going to pay attention to this. It's like saying that our bent fingered hand sign is an intentional afront to handicapped or deformed people...

It applies only to official Fla organizations such as the band and cheer teams.

Pharm Frog

So what are they going to do when 20.000 students (and other fans) continue to defy this order? Turn a fire hose on them?

Nobody is going to pay attention to this. It's like saying that our bent fingered hand sign is an intentional afront to handicapped or deformed people...

Finally someone says what I've thought to be true for years...the Frog hand sign is actually mocking people with Dupuytren's contracture.

Punter1

Fishing bait, cougar bait, bait and switch and bait casting reels have also all been renamed to whatever the darn.....

Double V

Fire hoses are racist. They were once used for crowd control during the civil rights movement.

Horny4TCU

Fire hoses are racist. They were once used for crowd control during the civil rights movement.
I always think of Rambo First Blood when I hear the word firehose.

Lust-A-Fire-That-Cant-Be-Quenched.jpg

SuperBarrFrog

What is racist about the phrase "gator bait?"

During slavery and into 1800s black babies were literally used as alligator bait and after that black children were given the nickname gator bait. But hey if it makes a good football chant...

I also didn’t know this until today and local sports talk radio was talking about it. Asked my friends friends from Florida and they all knew what it meant. Also, seemed to be common knowledge to folks on the radio. Pretty sick stuff.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

LOL. The black player who started gator bait is pissed about this.

Yep

Lawrence Wright disagrees with Fuchs’ decision to drop “Gator Bait” cheer
https://www.gatorsports.com/2020/06...with-fuchs-decision-to-drop-gator-bait-cheer/

“I’m not going for it,” said Wright, who won the Jim Thorpe Award for the nation’s best defensive back in 1996. “I created something for us. It’s a college football thing. It’s not a racist thing, It’s about us, the Gator Nation. And I’m Black.

“What about our history as the Gator Nation? We took a program from the top five to No. 1 in the country. I think I’ve done enough, put in the sweat and tears, to get to offer my opinion about something like this.”

IMO
Pretty damn racist for the college to drop a cheer authored by a black player. College president should be fired immediately

Armadillo

What about Gator-ade?

Racist IMO. Racist as hell. Cancel it. Cancel it NOW!

Edit: forgot my sarcasm font or my sarcasm hashtag. Or whatever.

Double V

During slavery and into 1800s black babies were literally used as alligator bait and after that black children were given the nickname gator bait. But hey if it makes a good football chant...

I also didn’t know this until today and local sports talk radio was talking about it. Asked my friends friends from Florida and they all knew what it meant. Also, seemed to be common knowledge to folks on the radio. Pretty sick stuff.

Damn...thanks SBF. Had never heard that. So assuming they can still do the [chomp chomp] then? Why not just change it to "Gator Chomp" or something with a less offensive history?

BABYFACE

I lived in south Florida for three years and never heard such as you say. I heard that said about dogs or cats that wandered to close to canals or ponds in residential neighborhoods as gator bait.

Last edited: