• The KillerFrogs

3 Texas players test positive this week. what happens during the season when this happens.

Same Ole Wiley

Tested positive for what? Have you not been reading this board? There is no threat to public health. The "virus" is a made up by the dumb liberals who care about racial equity.

Pharm Frog

Doesn't matter - the test result obviously backdates to the time of the test.

You gonna let them practice and hang out with all the other players while waiting on the test results? If not then I suppose the whole team is in isolation until every test result returns. If they test positive (backdated to the time of the test), are you going to quarantine all those in the unit in which they play OR are you going to wait and see who becomes symptomatic (if anyone)? So I test on Saturday at 6pm after an 11am game and then go out with some buddies or attend a study session in the library and contract the virus, I’m good to go until after the next game at 3:00pm on the road with return air travel?

It does matter....window dressing. But I’m all for it if it makes some people feel like they are doing something meaningful. What your idea is designed to do is to protect the football season and I’m okay with that. Let’s just not pretend that this does squat for population health.

netty2424

If that will make people feel better then okay. How quickly do you expect to get test results?
The testing(not antibody) is already being shipped out across the country. Results in 15 minutes. I haven’t seen final protocols, but testing will be administered often for anyone associated with athletic department. It will become routine for players and staff.

Pharm Frog

The testing(not antibody) is already being shipped out across the country. Results in 15 minutes. I haven’t seen final protocols, but testing will be administered often for anyone associated with athletic department. It will become routine for players and staff.

There’s been a 15m test out for quite awhile. Test away....test every day...test the Dr Pepper protocol at 10-2-4. Test symptomatics. Test every third asymptomatic.

netty2424

There’s been a 15m test out for quite awhile. Test away....test every day...test the Dr Pepper protocol at 10-2-4. Test symptomatics. Test every third asymptomatic.
I didn’t say it was a new test. You made the statement referring to how long it would take to get a result. I was simply telling you the answer.

EDIT: although I didn’t say it was a new test, it is actually a new test. Just started shipping this week.

jake102

What your idea is designed to do is to protect the football season

Yeah that’s the entire point.

Jamming thousands of people into the petri dishes we call dorms and Greek houses with “precautions” is far more laughable than my idea for football players. It’s actually sort of funny to think about how worried we are about football players when you consider a dorm

eh0215

the mortality rate for college aged persons is exceedingly low. It's basically the flu for death rates of young peoole. Possibly even less dangerous, with fewer symptoms for most young folks. It really doesnt matter if they spread it amongst themselves.

The bigger issue is the older coaches with health issues. We may see several forced to coach from the press box this season. Also of concern are the elderly gentlemen giving hundred dollar handshakes after wins. They'll need to resort to venmo with an emoji.

PhillyFrog

It's statistically improbable to get 20 votes for anything on this Board. Here goes.....

tumblr_oxq4leXAsc1u2ragso2_r1_500.gifv