• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

Sounds like you’ve really been through some ship with the ex. Kids will be kids. Don’t take it personal.

And maybe you can manage his rap career and make that child support money back!

Man, I have. Just grateful to be here and have my family though.

And LOL I just think I’m a rapper in my car.... and Garth Brooks... and all of Metallica and their instruments. I am far from a musician or manager. I’m sure my drunk music posts make me seem to be so cool, though. Lol

I’ve heard his “music” ship is wack. And that’s not even being biased.

Mean Purple

This board reminds me of the movie The Purge. You step out of the HASMSP safe place and be prepared to get slaughtered.

This quarantine has people going crazy.
We managed to get 3 threads banished. So there is that.

Still have the goal to get the thread about banishing threads banished. But I dont think he is gonna fall for it.

Last edited:

Salfrog

Tier 1
So, on a somewhat different note, I got the confirmation that I was looking for when I was searched 5 different times to and from Mexico last year after clearing TSA and boarding a plane, I was removed and searched again time after time and other times while boarding in the terminal. It was a bit humiliating.

A guy a week before with a shaved head and beard had a rap sheet and was a former Aryan (possibly) and apparently any bald headed dude with a beard and a new passport was a gangbanger in that timeframe.

I always had a feeling I was being stereotyped. Not my fault I embraced the bald and have tattoos. Lol. The other guy had a bar wire tattoo with 3 barbs that are different. His were lightning bolts. I have no Aryan tats or barbwire for that matter, lol. Just apparently resemble a white gangbanger.

So sorry to hear what you're going through right now. I raised my daughter by myself since she was 3. Reason sounds very familiar. The mother decided she was going to date a drug dealer. The rest is history. I also had to make several sacrifices since I didn't get any child support with her mom ending up in prison 3 different times.

My daughter was also diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes right after her mom left. Had no insurance to help pay for her insulin, doctor visits, hospital stays. It was a very tough time in my life, and for my daughter. I never dated while I was raising her. Not until she graduated did I start dating.

I had one bad year out of my daughter at about the age of 12. She was starting to go through that independence phase. I somehow became the evil father overnight because I wouldn't let her roam the streets, or go to the mall with her friends without a parent being there also.

Once she started high school at Paschal, she realized just how much "Daddy" really did have her back, and I somehow became the "Cool Dad" to all of her friends. They would come to talk to me because they couldn't talk to their parents like that could me. I was the "Best Dad"again.

Try your hardest not to take it personal, and believe me, that isn't easy. They go through situations and/or phases in their life. The best advice I can give is pay close attention to things, changes, and especially her friends. Keep a very open line of communication for her to be able to come to you with ANYTHING. Don't try to be her best friend. They have enough friends, they don't need another. They need a PARENT to guide them, not a hangout buddy.

I don't know if anything I said helps, but if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or even my daughter.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
So I reached the point in my fatherhood I hoped would come later. My 9 year old first born who I’ve sacrificed and done everything for hates me and her step-mom and doesn’t want to live with me because she wants to see her mom more.

Many of you are familiar with this crazy journey to me getting full custody. We’ve been through kidnapping, her seeing domestic violence and drug use... way more than I can even add in a post. Just things a child should never be submitted to. I hate that she has to go through the pain of being pulled in different directions and I know it’s normal for a child to want to live with the other parent.

Currently, her mother has lost custody of her other child (a toddler) all that I can find out was that it was domestic related.

Now, I don’t beat my own chest and brag. I am not that type of person, but I can lay my head on my pillow each and every night knowing that her step mother treats her as her own and that I have legitimately sacrificed entire careers to give her a life that she would have never had and open doors to opportunities that she would never have. It has been a long and difficult road.

It took everything out of me to keep my composure and not tell her how it really is. (Her mom is on drugs, her husband beats the [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] out of her, they lost their kid, neither of them have jobs and he thinks he’s a rapper now). Apparently he has the NFL brain trauma disorder even though he only played through high school. That’s his crutch for the robberies and drugs and abuse.

somehow. My little girl thinks that they have hung the moon. Meanwhile, I have given her things that I had to risk it all for and made it to where I see her everyday and kiss her every night and read my kids stories every night.

It’s okay though. I’ve settled in well to my role as the bad guy after the past 9 years. She will see when she’s older. I refuse to bad mouth and tell her how it really is. Just breaks my heart because I would die for her and give her everything I had at a moments notice.

Man that is tough. We were in a similar situation a couple of years ago when my sister-in-law lost custody of her two daughters (at the time ages 14 and 8) and my wife and I took them in for three and a half years (we actually went through the process of adopting them). I thought the 14 year old was going to have the hardest time adjusting, but it turned out it was the 8 year old. She too thought her mom was the greatest in the world and hated living with us, made things difficult, and would act out regularly. Now, years later, she understands what was going on and really appreciates the home and love we provided all those years. So give it time, it will get better.

Eight

On a virtual meeting. As usual, someone does not mute their end. Sounds like they are driving through a car wash.

scheiss you, COVID, you ruin everything.

we have a person who on ever conference call has the group on speaker phone and sounds like their home has 12 foot ceilings, tile floors, and no furniture.

Mean Purple

we have a person who on ever conference call has the group on speaker phone and sounds like their home has 12 foot ceilings, tile floors, and no furniture.
went through that yesterday. the host finally lost and and went Bill Murray "stop the hammering" on them.

been on virtual meetings for two days. haven't learned a darn thing.

Eight

went through that yesterday. the host finally lost and and went Bill Murray "stop the hammering" on them.

been on virtual meetings for two days. haven't learned a darn thing.

unfortunately, that is a good part of my normal day which is why on i am this site so much trying to stay sane

i am sorry, but not everyone was meant to work at home and never every job can be done virtually

Mean Purple

unfortunately, that is a good part of my normal day which is why on i am this site so much trying to stay sane

i am sorry, but not everyone was meant to work at home and never every job can be done virtually
I'm back at the office, and it is still ghost town like, if that helps. but year, i was going nuts at home. this site helps keep me sane through COVID land as well.

I was bored and tried writing a song about COVID land this past weekend. But 3 lines into it there was basically nothing. There were 8 F bombs and only two verbs, one of which was an f bomb.

nwlafrog

So sorry to hear what you're going through right now. I raised my daughter by myself since she was 3. Reason sounds very familiar. The mother decided she was going to date a drug dealer. The rest is history. I also had to make several sacrifices since I didn't get any child support with her mom ending up in prison 3 different times.

My daughter was also diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes right after her mom left. Had no insurance to help pay for her insulin, doctor visits, hospital stays. It was a very tough time in my life, and for my daughter. I never dated while I was raising her. Not until she graduated did I start dating.

I had one bad year out of my daughter at about the age of 12. She was starting to go through that independence phase. I somehow became the evil father overnight because I wouldn't let her roam the streets, or go to the mall with her friends without a parent being there also.

Once she started high school at Paschal, she realized just how much "Daddy" really did have her back, and I somehow became the "Cool Dad" to all of her friends. They would come to talk to me because they couldn't talk to their parents like that could me. I was the "Best Dad"again.

Try your hardest not to take it personal, and believe me, that isn't easy. They go through situations and/or phases in their life. The best advice I can give is pay close attention to things, changes, and especially her friends. Keep a very open line of communication for her to be able to come to you with ANYTHING. Don't try to be her best friend. They have enough friends, they don't need another. They need a PARENT to guide them, not a hangout buddy.

I don't know if anything I said helps, but if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or even my daughter.

Thanks, man.

Ron Swanson

Sorry about your situation, NWLA.

If it were me, I think I would be honest with her about her mother. I understand your not wanting to tarnish her opinion of her mother or whatever, but I don’t think I would have the restraint.

Something similar happened with my cousin and his kids. His wife cheated on him and he divorced her. The kids, who were little at the time but it’s been 20 years now, think he just left her and have always held it against him. He’s never told them the true reason and made me swear not to ever say anything to them (I didn’t know until a couple years ago).