• The KillerFrogs

OT - Last Meals

AroundWorldFrog

Was watching something about prisons and they were talking about death row inmates’ last meals. It got me wondering what mine would be if I were ever, god forbid, in that situation.

So, post ‘em if you got ‘em. Can be very specific or very general.

Mine would be a chicken fried steak with cream pepper gravy, Golden chick tenders (spicy), Golden chick fries, a number 8 (Beef) from Rosa’s with chips, salsa, and queso....And maybe a Project X burger from Charlie’s to top it all off.

Dessert would be banana pudding, brownies, lofthouse cookies, a slice of lemon pie, some peach cobbler, and Girl Scout thin mints. And maybe more banana pudding...

And if any of you crazies go political in this thread, may you be haunted for all eternity by a Baylor grad screaming 61-58 in your ear every 5 seconds!!
You know all that crap is not healthy, right?

AroundWorldFrog

WellmadeUnpleasantBirdofparadise-small.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Last time I drove by, the old place was bulldozed but, in what seems to be an act of near-intolerable cruelty, they left the sign up.

Chongo94

Dang!? Sounds like multiple last meals!

The show I was watching said that that’s basically what the prisoners would do, load up on everything. But the states apparently got tired of footing the bill for last meals like that so now they’re only allowed one entree basically and one dessert.

YA

Last time I drove by, the old place was bulldozed but, in what seems to be an act of near-intolerable cruelty, they left the sign up.
the sign will not be there for much longer--here is what is going on the old massey's site

Edit--sign is down, but it MIGHT be re-purposed into the site

EP-Rendering-Full-Size-191030.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
the sign will not be there for much longer--here is what is going on the old massey's site

Edit--sign is down, but it MIGHT be re-purposed into the site

EP-Rendering-Full-Size-191030.jpg
Wow. Looks like what they had in mind for the Bluebonnet Circle Project some years back.

It's the hip new area of town, and real estate prices have to be good.

Horned Toad

Sadly, yes they did. Yet for a time they were the absolute best at what they did. Such a pinnacle of achievement can only be maintained for a time, as cooks come and go, skills deteriorate, standards slip, and the general toll of time grinds away at everything. Thus, it is important to remember these bright, shining moments in our minds to remind us that such things are indeed possible, and to engender the hope that one day, a cook will emerge, and the Best Chicken Fried Steak ever will rise again!
Man that was some damn good CFS at Massey’s. I’ve never had anything else even close to their heyday.