• The KillerFrogs

Colonial and TCU

BABYFACE

This is what always made Colonial great with a little wind.

Pros in the recent past got used to TPC style courses of smash it on the drive and chip onto the green. Colonial made the course a bit easier during the tournaments to satisfy their whining arses. I like when Colonial is set up like a US Open.

As good as a golfer that Woods was, he set the bar for whining the time he came thru Colonial.

Byron Nelson crowds evolved into a social tent scene when they moved to Las Colinas. Colonial had it’s tents and social patrons also, but also still a true golf crowd at heart.

Good times back then with Fuzzy hitting on the women as he made his way up the fairway. Trevino was my first autograph that I got at Colonial as a kid. Saw many of the greats out there. Nicklaus, Watson, Crenshaw, Couples, Norman, Irwin, Price, Kite, and many others.

Dogfrog

Thinking that as good as this was to watch it may cause even more players to do something else this weekend next year. I hope not. That was just brutal coming home.

That Morikawa putt just too much speed. It jumped hard out of there on the lip out. Gotta know the wind and heat have made the green faster at the end of the day.

Brog

Thinking that as good as this was to watch it may cause even more players to do something else this weekend next year. I hope not. That was just brutal coming home.

Don't know, but as I understand it the Colonial next year will be back in its late May slot, not off here in mid=June. Hope so, anyway.

That Morikawa putt just too much speed. It jumped hard out of there on the lip out. Gotta know the wind and heat have made the green faster at the end of the day.
He took the putter back way too far inside and pushed it. As much as I hate the term being applied to guys who made it all the way to a playoff, he choked that one. Hands took over.

It won't be the finish this year that will send them elsewhere next year. It will be the money overseas for the European BMW PGA Championship.

Personally, I thought the golf was fantastic given they hadn't competed in three months. Colonial brought out some strategy and creativity in the players that you just don't see that often. Plenty of risk/reward out there. Even though the two guys in the playoff were medium length, plenty of long hitters were right up there at the end (DeChambeau, Woodland, Rose, Kokrak, Bubba Watson, Justin Thomas). Hopefully, they will see that long hitters have just as much of a chance here.

Assuming Rory hates it which surprises me since he grew up playing links course that make you think similar to colonial
Forgive me for the correction, but there is nothing about Colonial that is similar to links golf. Colonial is pure inland American golf. Tree-lined fairways, small greens, and nines that return to the clubhouse.

Rory's advantage is that he's the best in the world with the driver in his hand. For him, there are too many holes at Colonial that you shouldn't use that club.