• The KillerFrogs

KOAM: Former Pittsburg standout Chase Curtis switching sports, committing to TCU football

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
web-chase-curtis-1024x576.jpg

KOAM: Former Pittsburg standout Chase Curtis switching sports, committing to TCU football

PITTSBURG, Kan. – Former Pittsburg High School standout Chase Curtis is switching sports.

Curtis has committed to play football at TCU next season. Curtis has played baseball the last two years at Neosho County Community College in Chanute, Kansas.

“Yeah I’m going to be a little nervous,” Curtis says of making the jump to Division I football, “I feel like I’ll be able to adjust pretty quickly. Hopefully I can get in there, meet the guys and get going and I’ll get adjusted to it as soon as possible.”

Read more at https://www.koamnewsnow.com/former-...-switching-sports-committing-to-tcu-football/

froginaustin

Lots of ways Curtis could be eligible this year, coming out of junior college.

Unless I misunderstand, his eligibility for all sports started when he enrolled in JuCo. So I would guess 2 (or 3) years to play 2, unless the pandemic stretches everyone's eligibility.

Ray Finkle

Holy Santa Claus [ Finebaum ]! Kid’s dad was my middle school wrestling coach. His dad was an awesome guy who knew how to chew someone’s ass. Former Desert Storm Marine and was also DC at my Kansas high school who was a contender for state titles. He left to coach at Navarro.

I can explain the growth spurt too, his uncle on his mom’s side is 7’ and played JUCO basketball.

His parents are great people. This is awesome!

Last edited: