• The KillerFrogs

3 Texas players test positive this week. what happens during the season when this happens.

Zubaz

I would imagine that any player who tests positive will be isolated, and essentially be considered "injured" during the 14 day quarantine period and now be allowed to participate in games during that time period. In most circumstances, they will be forced to miss multiple games.

BABYFACE

I would imagine that any player who tests positive will be isolated, and essentially be considered "injured" during the 14 day quarantine period and now be allowed to participate in games during that time period. In most circumstances, they will be forced to miss multiple games.
Exactly.

One Frog Nation

My concern is, if you play in a game on Saturday and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday you test positive, yes you will be isolated for 14 days. But what happens to the rest of the team. With the close contact you have in a game with the other team's players and with your own team, a lot of people might get infected quickly, then what? Collages can't take the chance of putting players into a risky situation. Some college will and the sky will fall on them. If teams are able to do daily testing, which is costly, that is the way out.

Eight

My concern is, if you play in a game on Saturday and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday you test positive, yes you will be isolated for 14 days. But what happens to the rest of the team. With the close contact you have in a game with the other team's players and with your own team, a lot of people might get infected quickly, then what? Collages can't take the chance of putting players into a risky situation. Some college will and the sky will fall on them. If teams are able to do daily testing, which is costly, that is the way out.

so how did they handle seasons back during the spanish flu and measles outbreaks?

somehow we survived

Pharm Frog

Daily testing? Bahahahahahahhahaha

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
With Arizona already spiking just two weeks after Memorial Day, I wouldn’t be surprised if more than California schools will start to get nervous.

BABYFACE

Disagree.

The reality we have learned is only a small percentage of the population catches it. Most do not require hospitalization. Those are a very low percentage. Out of those that are hospitalized, a even smaller percentage die.

I bet those UT players had no idea they had it. Which brings to that most that do contract it, it is a blip on the body’s radar. And like the flu there are many that exposed to it that don’t contract it. While Covid is nastier than the traditional flu, and should be taken serious, it isn’t the 21’st century’s version of a black death plague. The amount that have died here in Tarrant Co. is .006 of the overall population.

Youth baseball and softball returns Monday. A majority of parents and kids want to play and ready to get on with their lives. Most people feel this way. There are some that don’t. That is fine, they can choose to stay home and isolate.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Disagree.

The reality we have learned is only a small percentage of the population catches it. Most do no require hospitalization. Those are a very low percentage. Out of those that are hospitalized, a even smaller percentage die.

I bet those UT players had no idea they had it. Which brings to that most that do contract it, it is a blip on the body’s radar. And like the flu there are many that exposed to it that don’t contract it. While Covid is nastier than the traditional flu, and should be taken serious, it isn’t the 21’st century’s version of a black death plague. The amount that have died here in Tarrant Co. is .006 of the overall population.

Youth baseball and softball returns Monday. A majority of parents and kids want to play and ready to get on with their lives. Most people feel this way. There are some that don’t. That is fine, they can choose to stay home and isolate.
Arizona hospitals at 83% capacity as coronavirus cases surge

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...apacity-as-coronavirus-cases-surge-2020-06-10

Eight

Just spoke with a head coach and trainer of a D1 (non-power 5) football program. They just had 10 players test positive for COVID and precisely none had any symptoms at all. I’ll quote the AT: “We had to convince them that they had an infection.”

shut it all down right now......

heck, stop the world because nothing like this has ever happened in the history of the world....

Zubaz

I think the compromise is going to be that if you test regularly, you only have to sit / quarantine those who test positive. The alternative is that any time with a positive test (and the team that played them the previous week) forfeits the next two weeks, in which case there simply isn't a season.

jake102

Once again - this should be the plan.

Test everyone right after the game on Saturday. That's day #1. If someone(s) test positive, they isolate for 14 days, with day #14 being on a Friday. Only miss one game.

Pharm Frog

Test everyone right after the game on Saturday. That's day #1. If someone(s) test positive, they isolate for 14 days, with day #14 being on a Friday. Only miss one game.

If that will make people feel better then okay. How quickly do you expect to get test results?

Zubaz

counting-on-fingers.jpg

...does that math work?