• The KillerFrogs

Missy Bevers Murder Case

CryptoMiner

Yes. Like I mentioned earlier. The unreleased video is crucial.

I can't say too much about it except that she apparently heard something when she entered the church.

Also (and I hope this is something I can divulge), there was apparently evidence of a gun shot, but no bullet or casing was found. Weird huh?

if this is erased later, you'll know why. :)

So you are saying the Midlothian PD hasn't learned from their mistakes about keeping their mouths shut?

Skip Jansen

So you are saying the Midlothian PD hasn't learned from their mistakes about keeping their mouths shut?

I don't know if anybody with the MPD has offered up any of this information. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything (especially regarding the gun shot).

Last edited:

Skip Jansen

It would seem like after this length of time going unsolved, maybe releasing more information could be helpful to spark interest in the case.

I got the feeling that they may know who did it, but don't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

Just from what I was told, the suspect could likely be someone who works on the periphery of law enforcement and has a background in surveillance.

Hope they can solve it.

Horny4TCU

Without any hard evidence, a good lawyer could get the person in SWAT gear off. Hopefully, during the investigation both son and father had a lawyer present. If not police could have pressured them into saying something untrue or not 100% truthful. That gait comparison though... pretty similar. Only problem is the gut and hump on the SWAT suit aren't big enough for the father.

Skip Jansen

Without any hard evidence, a good lawyer could get the person in SWAT gear off. Hopefully, during the investigation both son and father had a lawyer present. If not police could have pressured them into saying something untrue or not 100% truthful. That gait comparison though... pretty similar. Only problem is the gut and hump on the SWAT suit aren't big enough for the father.

Apparently, that's exactly why an arrest hasn't been made. Like I said before, I got a sense that they know the Who, Why, and How, but they need more proof.

Law Enforcement is going to have to have evidence putting someone in the church at the time of the murder.

That being said, a jury nowadays wants to see scientific proof (DNA, etc.). A case based on digital footprints is more complicated and confusing for a jury to comprehend.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Re-listening to the crime junkie podcast on it at work this afternoon. I had forgotten that there is a mystery car on surveillance that didn't match any family suspects, captured tooling around that area at an hour that makes no sense to be there. Also a lot of suspicions around the assertion (which I can't 100% verify) that police would not confirm or deny if the "SWAT" gear worn in the video is authentic to a local department. If they don't call it a fake, I lean towards it being real.

Horny4TCU

Apparently, that's exactly why an arrest hasn't been made. Like I said before, I got a sense that they know the Who, Why, and How, but they need more proof.

Law Enforcement is going to have to have evidence putting someone in the church at the time of the murder.

That being said, a jury nowadays wants to see scientific proof (DNA, etc.). A case based on digital footprints is more complicated and confusing for a jury to comprehend.
So the person in SWAT had their cell phone on them? What a dumbarse. Those are as bad as credit cards when trying to avoid government tracking. Clearly the killer didn't watch CSI or NCIS enough...

Yes. Like I mentioned earlier. The unreleased video is crucial.

I can't say too much about it except that she apparently heard something when she entered the church.

Also (and I hope this is something I can divulge), there was apparently evidence of a gun shot. But.... no bullet or casing was found. Weird huh?

if this is erased later, you'll know why. :)
Is this guy in the video?
NCFOM.jpg

Skip Jansen

So the person in SWAT had their cell phone on them? What a dumbarse. Those are as bad as credit cards when trying to avoid government tracking. Clearly the killer didn't watch CSI or NCIS enough...

I doubt they had their cell phone on them. I think they may be more interested in who had been in contact with whom in previous days/weeks. Also, probably looking into if surveillance had been used previously to keep tabs on someone.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I just stumbled upon a podcast that has several hours of specific discussion on this case. But they need a sound person. The audio quality is so inconsistent it is making it near unlistenable.

Apparently they got a copy of a heavily-redacted report from MPD a few months back...

PO Frog

Every time I see a case that lasts this long for no apparent reason, it’s usually a result of law enforcement blunders or missing the obvious.