• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

There is going to be an automatic re-seeding of recruiting rankings in August/September. Rivals for one did not get done with evaluations, so you will see threes become fours and some twos become threes.

what evaluation would have taken place since last fall that should matter?

cone drills? forty times? flag football?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I love a good cone drill
d2042d1a4c7111b8928aac0b7771a758.jpg

I am confident Finches is a better player than I ever was but I have to say he looks like a total wussie in that stance. What an embarrassment. Who the helll let him stand like that for a picture. He looks like he just wet his panties.

If that is the stance he takes on national TV I HOPE HE NEVER SEES THE FIELD. Geez !
I know this may be hard for some of you to believe but with that weenie stance of his, Somehow I cant envision him taking us to a win over Bama in the National Championship Game.

Is Fincher a walk-on or on scholarship?

Posters like PALLATIVE CARE is why we have child care facilities. Someone needs to spoon feed this guy.

The FACT is that 4 and 5 star recruits are 3 times more likely to get to the NFL compared to 2 and 3 starsie “hidden gems”, and “under the radar miracle recruits”.

Pallative’s brain dead post is exactly how Baylorites talk when they get crappie recruits. Any team who can’t recruit worth 2 pharrrts always says exactly what Pallative posts here.

Congrats Pallative ! You sound exactly like a loser Baylor dumbazzz fan.

Which points out how bogus the whole rating system really is.

PO Frog

I am confident Finches is a better player than I ever was but I have to say he looks like a total wussie in that stance. What an embarrassment. Who the helll let him stand like that for a picture. He looks like he just wet his panties.

If that is the stance he takes on national TV I HOPE HE NEVER SEES THE FIELD. Geez !
I know this may be hard for some of you to believe but with that weenie stance of his, Somehow I cant envision him taking us to a win over Bama in the National Championship Game.
I know this is a dumb bit but you do realize that's a computer animation, right?

Palliative Care

Wow, I am glad your cut wasn't too deep because I am on blood thinners.

Look rating services can not always agree on five stars much less 3 & 4. It is fine to follow them and I cheered when we got our first 5er. But there were other player we have gotten who automatically dropped a star when they choose us. And if you don't believe that Texas get stars for players just because it is them you are not paying attention.
Rating are interesting but should not be the only thing that matters at the end of the day. I like to watch 3 stars make Wyoming Fog look utterly foolish.

You do realize that Tcu has a very high number of bust players right ?

It isn’t surprising because when a team recruits lots of 2 and 3 stars, there is a TON of bust players.

Every single P5 Head Coach knows that the very best way to fail and get fired is to recruit 2 and 3 starsie “hidden gems” that other coaches are obviously too dammm stupid to see. It’s the quickest way to unemployment line. A steady diet of “Under the radar” recruits pretty much assured your failure as a Head Coach. Can not afford to lose 50% of each recruit class if you are in a P5 Conference or else you are likely to go 5-7 and miss a Bowl game - which gets most coaches - FIRED !!

So......for every 3 star who turns out great at Tcu I can name you at least 3 others who failed. Which is why Tcu went 5-7.

Let’s count the ways.........

2018 class (half the class is wasted)
ROGERS
B JACKSON
WAGONER
SIMPSON
PLANT
LANZ (probably will transfer)
AVILA (probably will transfer)
DIKE (probably will transfer)
FILIKITONGA (won’t ever play)
DEMERCADO (won’t play anymore)
HOLMES (probably will transfer)

2017 class ( half the class wasted)
MANNING
HARRIS (injured may never play)
S ROBINSON
D COLLINS
SNELL
TAUA
BUSH
K JOHNSON
MEEKING
KOCH

2016 class (half the class wasted)
CHAMBERS
BOWEN
HORTON
GRAHAM
SOMERVILLE
C WILLIAMS
WOOTEN
GAYNOR
HOLLINS
OVERSHOWN
PARKER

Now..........please go ahead now and tell us all about the one or two guys per class who succeed when 11-12 of each class fail, dropout, sit on the bench or transfer.

We can’t wait to hear !!

Wow, I am glad your cut wasn't too deep because I am on blood thinners.

Look rating services can not always agree on five stars much less 3 & 4. It is fine to follow them and I cheered when we got our first 5er. But there were other player we have gotten who automatically dropped a star when they choose us. And if you don't believe that Texas get stars for players just because it is them you are not paying attention.
Rating are interesting but should not be the only thing that matters at the end of the day. I like to watch 3 stars make Wyoming Fog look utterly foolish.

Last edited:
By the way.......UT, OKLAHOMA, CLEMSON, BAMA and LSU and teams like them -

DONT LOSE 50% of every class like Tcu does. They lose some 4 and 5 star guys but not at Tcus dropout or fail rate of 50%.

Baylor has been losing 65% of each class (because they also recruit 3 star hidden gems” like Tcu has done in past).

Whether you want to recognize it or not if a team recruits 4 and 5 star guys their overall success rate (%) of players is astronomically higher.

Palliative Care

Oh heck yes the odds of success are higher with 4 & 5's no argument there. But I think you made my point about rating being bogus too. However, other washout factors are grades, injuries, and head cases. It is actually amazing that Boykin given his problems ever made it to his next to last game.

I went to Aledo and watched a running back who was suppose to be all world. I quickly realized that he was a man among boys because he had gotten his full growth and muscle well before the others boys he was playing against. I thought then that he would not be in college what he seemed to be in high school. He also got injured at Texas which held him back as well. So you never can tell.

It isn't good to have too many washouts as you are always depending on young guys coming in or now transfers where head cases are always more likely.

OmniscienceFrog

You do realize that Tcu has a very high number of bust players right ?

It isn’t surprising because when a team recruits lots of 2 and 3 stars, there is a TON of bust players.

Every single P5 Head Coach knows that the very best way to fail and get fired is to recruit 2 and 3 starsie “hidden gems” that other coaches are obviously too dammm stupid to see. It’s the quickest way to unemployment line. A steady diet of “Under the radar” recruits pretty much assured your failure as a Head Coach. Can not afford to lose 50% of each recruit class if you are in a P5 Conference or else you are likely to go 5-7 and miss a Bowl game - which gets most coaches - FIRED !!

So......for every 3 star who turns out great at Tcu I can name you at least 3 others who failed. Which is why Tcu went 5-7.

Let’s count the ways.........

2018 class (half the class is wasted)
ROGERS
B JACKSON
WAGONER
SIMPSON
PLANT
LANZ (probably will transfer)
AVILA (probably will transfer)
DIKE (probably will transfer)
FILIKITONGA (won’t ever play)
DEMERCADO (won’t play anymore)
HOLMES (probably will transfer)

2017 class ( half the class wasted)
MANNING
HARRIS (injured may never play)
S ROBINSON
D COLLINS
SNELL
TAUA
BUSH
K JOHNSON
MEEKING
KOCH

2016 class (half the class wasted)
CHAMBERS
BOWEN
HORTON
GRAHAM
SOMERVILLE
C WILLIAMS
WOOTEN
GAYNOR
HOLLINS
OVERSHOWN
PARKER

Now..........please go ahead now and tell us all about the one or two guys per class who succeed when 11-12 of each class fail, dropout, sit on the bench or transfer.

We can’t wait to hear !!
But what about Terrance Broadway?

CryptoMiner

It is getting more difficult for many of the under-recruited players to receive any kind of recognition from recruiters but a few starting to stand and getting attention from TCU

Lafayette, LA Acadiana LB/DE Cam George 6-2/245

Latest posts