• The KillerFrogs

What are you watching since COVID19 shut down live sports?

Eight

Things I’ve watched during the shutdown...

Deadwood (currently on S1:E11)
The Wire
The Last Kingdom
Tiger King
Catastrophe
Shetland
Barry
Defending Jacob
Better Call Saul
Catastrophe
And I just started Space Force

Let me know if you want an opinion on any of them.

watched 14 minutes of space force and cried thinking steve carrell undid all the comic good he did in the office and the 40-year old virgin

CountryFrog

watched 14 minutes of space force and cried thinking steve carrell undid all the comic good he did in the office and the 40-year old virgin
I've only watched the first episode but the voice alone is a giant distraction. Someone should've told him about 10 minutes in to just go back to his normal voice.

CountryFrog

Things I’ve watched during the shutdown...

Deadwood (currently on S1:E11)
The Wire
The Last Kingdom
Tiger King
Catastrophe
Shetland
Barry
Defending Jacob
Better Call Saul
Catastrophe
And I just started Space Force

Let me know if you want an opinion on any of them.
Deadwood is very good. The Wire and Better Call Saul are two of the best TV series I've ever seen.

CountryFrog

especially on better call saul when you consider the pressure that had to be on gilligan and the cast to meet the expectations of breaking bad fans to keep pace of the franchise
No doubt. I personally think Better Call Saul has surpassed Breaking Bad at this point. It certainly has for me.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Agree. They do take some pretty good shots with their Pelosi and AOC characters. I kept watching to see if it would get any better and so far the best part is the horned frog prominently shown during the opening credits and a lady that has the job of trying to collect them so they don’t die during launches. But over all pretty disappointing.

Eight

Agree. They do take some pretty good shots with their Pelosi and AOC characters. I kept watching to see if it would get any better and so far the best part is the horned frog prominently shown during the opening credits and a lady that has the job of trying to collect them so they don’t die during launches. But over all pretty disappointing.

agree and the sad thing is you can see the potential in the material, but they decided to make a farce that lectures us.

when the test rocket explodes and he is told the cost of the rocket was 4 middle schools.

tough line to walk and it reminds me a bit of brad pitt's war machine and john cusack's war inc that had potential and just tripped all over themselves

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
agree and the sad thing is you can see the potential in the material, but they decided to make a farce that lectures us.

when the test rocket explodes and he is told the cost of the rocket was 4 middle schools.

tough line to walk and it reminds me a bit of brad pitt's war machine and john cusack's war inc that had potential and just tripped all over themselves

Boy, that is a spot on review!

4 Oaks Frog

Just ended a 2.5 month “hunker down and work from home” by heading back to the office on Monday. During the last 9 days of that stretch, Mrs. 4Oaks and I bing-watch all 6 seasons of Downton Abbey. About half way through, I realized, “Hey! This is a soap opera!”
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
I caught on to Breaking Bad bad midway through the first season but I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes of Better Call Saul. Keep trying to restart it but life keeps getting in the way.

66FFCD53-EB9C-45E5-BE2C-C3862A7DD599.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I had a big stem of wine (Bending Branch Thinker's Blend), sat out on the back porch while the Sun set, the Moon rose, and the deer frolicked on the back pasture in the fading light.

There were two nice 3-year-old bucks with their fuzzy antlers just having the best time. Sigh...

Eight

went down a youtube rabbit hole last night as i came across the best modern hand-to-hand fight scenes.

always found the choreography to shooting one of these scenes interesting and here is the first of the three i found.

watch

favorite scene was combat in an elevator between two martial artists where i would love to have watched the scene be blocked. think it is part 3.

Ron Swanson

Space Force isn’t bad at all, definitely not as bad as some on here made it seem. If you came in with super high expectations, I could see being disappointed, but it’s a fun little show. It’s not one of those shows where you’re on the edge of your seat dying to know what happens next, but it is keeping me entertained.

It’s got a bunch of funny actors.