• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Ravaioli-Larkin Becomes President of the WGCA

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/6/1/womens-golf-ravaioli-larkin-becomes-president-of-the-wgca.aspx

GoFrogs: Ravaioli-Larkin Becomes President of the WGCA

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. -- TCU Head Women's Golf Coach Angie Ravaioli-Larkin began her term Monday as president of the Women's Golf Coaches Association.

Ravaioli-Larkin has been a member of the WGCA's Board of Directors since 2014 and served as vice president this past year.

"I am honored, excited and, to be honest, a little nervous about serving as president of the WGCA... especially in a pandemic," Ravaioli-Larkin said. "I have a hard act to follow after Todd's (Oehrlein) presidency. He is so patient and served with such dignity and class. I have learned so much these past several years from all of our previous presidents while on the board. I cannot thank Todd, Kristi Knight and Amy Bond enough for pushing me past my comfort zone and encouraging me along the way. I promise to give 100 percent and continue to grow and strengthen our organization as well as women's golf."

With her arrival at TCU in August 1994, Ravaioli-Larkin is the second-most tenured head coach at TCU. A recent streak of 18 consecutive postseason appearances represented the second-longest in history by any sport at TCU, trailing only the 30 in a row by men's golf. Ravaioli-Larkin has led the Horned Frogs to 22 NCAA postseason appearances.

Ravaioli-Larkin has produced 37 all-conference selections, seven All-Americans and 41 All-America Scholars in her tenure as head coach. The Horned Frogs have also reached the NCAA Championships seven times. She has had 16 former TCU players play professionally.

Prior to leading her program into its Big 12 era, Ravaioli-Larkin was named the Mountain West Coach of the Year the last three seasons (2010-12) TCU was a member of the league. She has five conference coach of the year accolades when including her selection as the 1996 Southwest Conference Coach of the Year and the 1998 Western Athletic Conference Coach of the Year.

Ravaioli-Larkin is the third TCU head coach to currently serve as president of their coaching organization. Head Football Coach Gary Patterson is president of the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) and Head Men's Basketball Coach Jamie Dixon is President of the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). Additionally, Head Equestrian Coach Haley Schoolfield is the past president of the National Collegiate Equestrian Association (NCEA), while Head Baseball Coach Jim Schlossnagle is third vice president of the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA).