• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Seattle: ‘Disrespected’ L.J. Collier ready for redemption in 2020 with Seahawks

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Collier.jpg

‘Disrespected’ L.J. Collier ready for redemption in 2020 with Seahawks

BY BRANDON GUSTAFSON

While the Seahawks benefited from great play from 2019 second-round pick DK Metcalf and contributions on from fellow rookies Cody Barton, Marquise Blair and Ugo Amadi, the team’s first-round pick, defensive end L.J. Collier, had a 2019 season to forget.

The 29th overall selection in the 2019 NFL Draft out of TCU, Collier was taken in large part because the team’s defensive end depth was poor, especially on the heels of a trade that sent Frank Clark to the Chiefs for a first-round pick in 2019 and second-round pick in 2020 (that 2019 pick was used on Collier).

Read more at https://sports.mynorthwest.com/8439...-ready-for-redemption-in-2020-with-seahawks/?

Eight

got hurt early, they traded for a veteran pass rusher, and he really never played

how was he disrespected?

sorry ahead of time if I am not empathetic enough

CountryFrog

Calling him a bust. Laughing at him for being on the Inactive list. The fans are probably the most brutal. I’d always go on Seattle FB post to see of he was going to be active that day, mostly no, and the chorus of bust would begin.
Fans everywhere are asshoes. If you're looking to them (especially on message boards) for great emotional support in tough times then you'll always be disappointed.

TRF51

Sorry LJ, you have been a bust. If you are a first round pick you are expected to contribute significantly. The good news is you still have a lot of time to prove yourself and I hope you do.

Eight

Calling him a bust. Laughing at him for being on the Inactive list. The fans are probably the most brutal. I’d always go on Seattle FB post to see of he was going to be active that day, mostly no, and the chorus of bust would begin.

if you measure a fan base by their online and social media profiles i don't know what else to say and in all honesty if lj is paying attention to seattle message boards and 12th man twitter i hope it is because he is channeling jordan

Froggish

LJ took 3 years for the light to come on at TCU but when it did he was great. He just might be one of those guys who take a little longer to figure things out.