• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

HFrog1999

I’m just going to be happy about football being played rather than being outraged about anything that doesn’t go my way exactly. We are in strange times. We need to be understanding and adaptable.

$1,800 is a lot of money for me. I think I have a right to be upset if the rules are changed after I made my purchase.

Especially since the news the past couple of days indicate that reduced capacity is less likely.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Most of us we’re screwed over during the initial reseating process, so this is nothing new.

It’s not that they’re “trying” to screw us over. It’s that they value the top level donors over loyal fans.

I bet if they have lower attendance, they will spread us out to maintain “social distancing”.

So, if there’s lower attendance, going to a game will suck and we’d be better off watching at home.

Abbott needs to go ahead and say that we can have 100% attendance starting in August
I know it seems unfair but there isn’t a sport anywhere that doesn’t place a higher value on those that put the most into the program.

Programs are going to first take care of those that provide basically unconditional support over those that are able or likely to walk away at a moments notice. If you provided the cash to rebuild the stadium that’s pretty unconditional support. If you buy four tickets with a small donation you aren’t giving up anything by walking away.

Many people on here talk about not renewing all the time. Would you do so if you had donated $50k or something like that? I don’t understand anyone that expects to be treated like a large donor because they have been a loyal fan. Talking about not renewing doesn’t seem to be loyal at all. Every major program acts similarly.

Dogfrog

Interesting. Will probably call and cancel my renewal. See no point in keeping them and potentially seeing one or two games. Only renewed because I was hoping to change seats with people not renewing

I would be happy to get half my tickets for all six games, especially if it meant an improved location. The biggest disappointment would be to get reduced to three games - Prairie View, KSU, and ISU.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I would be happy to get half my tickets for all six games, especially if it meant an improved location. The biggest disappointment would be to get reduced to three games - Prairie View, KSU, and ISU.
Email is clear about refunds if games are limited.

I have been clear about my intentions. If I don’t get my seats due to spacing, if the stadium is 25% full, if I am forced to wear a mask, I am getting a refund. The ticket office and frog club acknowledged directly to me that was an option. I don’t think Donati can publicly say refunds are risk free and then go back on that. I think being pissed about upgrades is just being pissed for the sake of being pissed. They are doing what they can to accommodate as many as they can.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
$1,800 is a lot of money for me. I think I have a right to be upset if the rules are changed after I made my purchase.

Especially since the news the past couple of days indicate that reduced capacity is less likely.
$1800 is a lot of money for me. I’d say everyone should think that way.

Get a refund if you don’t want your tickets. They will be there next year waiting for you.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Still waiting for that secondary market to kick in or will be more than happy to watch on TV with synchronized radio call. I do suspect that the “reduced capacity” thing will do much damage to the community-at-large marketing materials that has been pretty successful over the last several years.
Please feel free to private message me on exactly how you synchronize the radio feed to the TV. Be advised, I am not techy nor do I have Star Trek equipment here to play with. If it can’t be done with stone knives and bear skins, please use small words.

asleep003

I have been clear about my intentions. If I don’t get my seats due to spacing, if the stadium is 25% full, if I am forced to wear a mask, I am getting a refund. The ticket office and frog club acknowledged directly to me that was an option. I don’t think Donati can publicly say refunds are risk free and then go back on that. I think being pissed about upgrades is just being pissed for the sake of being pissed. They are doing what they can to accommodate as many as they can.
If you're unwilling to wear a mask to protect others from you possibly being an asymptomatic carrier of the virus ... then you have no business being there anyway,

Dogfrog

I am very aware I would receive a refund for any games I didn’t have access to due to allocation. I am just referring to the disappointment of not seeing OU or Tech. You can stop questioning my opinions on my season tickets if that’s ok.

HFrog1999

$1800 is a lot of money for me. I’d say everyone should think that way.

Get a refund if you don’t want your tickets. They will be there next year waiting for you.

I don’t know if that’s an option. I may call to find out Monday.

I’m about to celebrate our space launch by getting drunk.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I am very aware I would receive a refund for any games I didn’t have access to due to allocation. I am just referring to the disappointment of not seeing OU or Tech. You can stop questioning my opinions on my season tickets if that’s ok.
Sir, yes, sir.

atofrog

Contributor
Glad to see the emails we sent have been received. As mentioned by someone else, 2 versions were sent. One to those that HAVE renewed and separate one to those that have NOT renewed. I hope the info below helps answer any questions or concerns.

1. Deadline extended to June 22.
2. Must renew by deadline I f you want to be included in whatever seating capacity plan is implemented.
3. Several scenarios are being reviewed. Obviously the longer we can delay, the better the odds to reduce impact on season ticket holders.
4. If you do not renew for 2020, you will still have option to renew in 2021. But you will not be included in seating plans for this season.
5. Upgrades will not take place because of timing, uncertainty on capacity, fans being allowed to keep seats in 2021....
6. If the only reason you renewed was to make sure you kept your seats for 2021 or wanted to upgrade or TCU changed the rules on you....feel free to call the ticket office before June 22. We will refund you,
7. Anyone renewing will actually be getting priority points that non renewals will not for the 2020 season. Ultimately improving your priority rank for future upgrades next season or other sports.

We realize this is a very difficult and confusing time for everyone. Believe me, we prefer normal procedures as much as everyone. But this season is unique and requires some patience and flexibility as we try to figure out what is “normal” this year. We have all seen how much it changes weekly if not daily.

I would encourage patience as we work together. I am certainly no health expert and cannot make any guarantees, but I truly believe seating options will work out much better than the doom and gloom vibe currently being portrayed.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this very fluid process. We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus this fall.

Go Frogs!

HFrog1999

Glad to see the emails we sent have been received. As mentioned by someone else, 2 versions were sent. One to those that HAVE renewed and separate one to those that have NOT renewed. I hope the info below helps answer any questions or concerns.

1. Deadline extended to June 22.
2. Must renew by deadline I f you want to be included in whatever seating capacity plan is implemented.
3. Several scenarios are being reviewed. Obviously the longer we can delay, the better the odds to reduce impact on season ticket holders.
4. If you do not renew for 2020, you will still have option to renew in 2021. But you will not be included in seating plans for this season.
5. Upgrades will not take place because of timing, uncertainty on capacity, fans being allowed to keep seats in 2021....
6. If the only reason you renewed was to make sure you kept your seats for 2021 or wanted to upgrade or TCU changed the rules on you....feel free to call the ticket office before June 22. We will refund you,
7. Anyone renewing will actually be getting priority points that non renewals will not for the 2020 season. Ultimately improving your priority rank for future upgrades next season or other sports.

We realize this is a very difficult and confusing time for everyone. Believe me, we prefer normal procedures as much as everyone. But this season is unique and requires some patience and flexibility as we try to figure out what is “normal” this year. We have all seen how much it changes weekly if not daily.

I would encourage patience as we work together. I am certainly no health expert and cannot make any guarantees, but I truly believe seating options will work out much better than the doom and gloom vibe currently being portrayed.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this very fluid process. We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus this fall.

Go Frogs!

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds reasonable and fair. Hopefully we’re over this stuff and can celebrate with a normal season.

TCUMBA

It’s really not all that hard. If big donor person gets told his only option is sitting in north end zone instead of club suites then big donor has to decide if attending under those parameters is worth it. If not, get a refund, keep seats for next year. Then the next person in line can choose if those north end zone seats are worth it.

Whoa there buddy. Don’t hate on my section. It may not be the best, but I always have room to spread out and enjoy the low attendance and blazing sun.

Latest posts