• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

HFrog1999

I bet some the Big Donors told the school they didn’t want to renew this year but they didn’t want to lose their seats to us peons.

Pharm Frog

Still waiting for that secondary market to kick in or will be more than happy to watch on TV with synchronized radio call. I do suspect that the “reduced capacity” thing will do much damage to the community-at-large marketing materials that has been pretty successful over the last several years.

tcumaniac

One last thought:

TCU could have allowed the upgrade process even without allowing those that opted out for one year to participate.

Just don’t make their seats or parking available in the upgradeable inventory.

To me there is absolutely no excuse for TCU to completely remove the upgrade option for those willing to renew their seats this year.

Only excuse I can think of is timing. They need time to recalculate priority points, go through the upgrade process which usually takes about two weeks, and then still have time to print tickets.

Still think it would have been plenty doable, even with the extended renewal deadline.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’m pretty disappointed in the way TCU is handling this.

They could have done this in a much more effective way with a similar end result.

They should have let everyone have the option to renew, do a one year pass, or simply drop their tickets permanently.

If you chose to renew or selected to opt out for one season, they still should have allowed those people to participate in the “upgrade” process.

Upgrading doesn’t always mean “upgrading” to better seats. Some times people do it with the intention of consolidating tickets, even if that means a worse location.

What if I wanted to still renew my tickets this year, but I renewed assuming I was going to be able to “upgrade” to a cheaper seat location? Or maybe I renewed my parking with the expectation I was going to be able to move to a cheaper spot this year?

Waiting until the last second to do this is so frustrating. Glad I haven’t renewed yet. I’m sure there were a lot people that would not have renewed if they knew upgrades would not be allowed and may have chosen to opt out of this season instead. Are those people going to be given the option to back out of their renewal and get their money back? Or is it too little too late for them?
Anyone can get their money back and keep their seats for next year. It’s literally spelled out in the email.

Have you thought that with situation being fluid that trying to jam upgrades into the mix would make it more difficult than necessary? I bet if you wanted to you could call the ticket office and “upgrade” to worse seats.

Btw, I knew this was coming before it was announced and predicted this type of response early this morning on a text thread.

HFrog1999

Anyone can get their money back and keep their seats for next year. It’s literally spelled out in the email.

Have you thought that with situation being fluid that trying to jam upgrades into the mix would make it more difficult than necessary? I bet if you wanted to you could call the ticket office and “upgrade” to worse seats.

Btw, I knew this was coming before it was announced and predicted this type of response early this morning on a text thread.

I missed it if it said we can get our money back if we already renewed.

Dogfrog

Point being. TCU could have executed the same plan and still allowed upgrades. They would have just had to let the people opting out for this year participate too.

A lot of people already renewed by now. To take away people’s ability to upgrade after the fact is pretty [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty by TCU. Especially if they don’t allow those people to retroactively Reverse their renewal.

The renewal notices were sent in early 2020. They likely had a ton of renewals in the bank by early March before the extent of the virus was known and before they delayed the renewal date. With no option to cancel and no upgrade, they should have considered some token reward for those who renewed, like a one time upgrade bump next year or something. The folks who did not commit to renewal (don’t blame them) get rewarded here.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yeah, I reread it and that’s my understanding as well.

Looks like I screwed up
I 99% guaranty that if you call the ticket office and tell them you aren’t comfortable attending games you will get a refund and keep your seats for next year.

Edit:

Last edited:

HFrog1999

How I felt when I renewed my tickets last week

tenor.gif

Reality

DisguisedHotBinturong-small.gif

It was not abundantly clear to me from the email that a refund is available, generally, unless the games are cancelled or someone who did renew is not allowed to attend the game due to percentage of capacity limits:

"As we work through all possible seating scenarios, we will not be able to provide an upgrade option for this season. We fully expect to have this option available again next season. Thank you for understanding.

Season ticket & parking accounts will have the following refund options for any TCU games canceled (including limited or no fan scenarios) due to the COVID-19 pandemic:

Option 1 – Apply credit to the next season
Option 2 – Apply credit to the Frog Club for additional priority points
Option 3 – Refund cost of season tickets and parking"

Since I renewed for the purpose of attending the games, I'm not bothered about whether I could seek a refund but confess I got a negative vibe from the changing the rules at the last minute regarding the upgrade option that was part of the renewal application process. Oh well, it is what it is.

Dogfrog

There are two emails. One for those who have not renewed and one for those who have. I have renewed and the only refund my email offers is for games and/or seats affected by allocation. Maybe they will clarify.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
There are two emails. One for those who have not renewed and one for those who have. I have renewed and the only refund my email offers is for games and/or seats affected by allocation. Maybe they will clarify.
“Our refund policy is risk free” —Jeremiah Donati

If I’m wrong I’ll admit it happily and agree TCU is trying to screw over season ticket holders. I don’t believe that in any way until proven otherwise.

GenXFrog

I'm not bothered about whether I could seek a refund but confess I got a negative vibe from the changing the rules at the last minute regarding the upgrade option that was part of the renewal application process. Oh well, it is what it is.

I renewed over the phone with the ticket office a month ago.. Ability to upgrade was the sole question asked and assured. It has been a slow trek back out of the nosebleeds.

Ah well. With the assumption of capacity constraints, I assume seats will be assigned to enforce spacing. That is, outside of the lower west side and founders, where the remodeled seat spacing now seems prescient for COVID. I doubt anyone else gets to sit in 'their' seats.

jake102

I’m just going to be happy about football being played rather than being outraged about anything that doesn’t go my way exactly. We are in strange times. We need to be understanding and adaptable.

Yeah as long as a TV crew shows up, I’ll be pumped. With how terribly MLB and NBA has handled this, I’m thankful football seems determined to have a normal schedule

HFrog1999

If I’m wrong I’ll admit it happily and agree TCU is trying to screw over season ticket holders. I don’t believe that in any way until proven otherwise.

Most of us we’re screwed over during the initial reseating process, so this is nothing new.

It’s not that they’re “trying” to screw us over. It’s that they value the top level donors over loyal fans.

I bet if they have lower attendance, they will spread us out to maintain “social distancing”.

So, if there’s lower attendance, going to a game will suck and we’d be better off watching at home.

Abbott needs to go ahead and say that we can have 100% attendance starting in August

Dogfrog

“refund option for any games cancelled...” is pretty clear given no other comment on refunds on that particular email. We’ll see, but I do agree that they might very well not argue if asked about it.