• The KillerFrogs

Poll: TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

Will you be renewing your season tickets for the 2020 season?

• Yes, but only some of them.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes, all of them.

Votes: 90 71.4%
  • No, but reason is completely unrelated to Covid-19.

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • No, and my reason is Covid-19 related.

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

tcumaniac

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...single-game-ticket-sales-unlikely/5261758002/

ISU is looking to play games at ~50% capacity. ISU is saying only season ticket holders get tickets. How much of that is a ploy to get people to renew or increase season ticket sales?

For fun, I wonder how TCU would go about this? +4 re-sell market should be hot, Maniac!
This is just pure craziness on ISUs part. Goodness. Hope this doesn’t start a domino effect across other programs.

Stubhub resellers are kind of in limbo right now. There might be some potential where they get screwed if the season isn’t cancelled, but some unforeseen restriction severely disrupts the resalability of tickets.

There’s also potential the secondary market is extremely lucrative this year if available supply is limited only to season tickets.

Interesting times ahead.

Eight

It has to be. They can’t be that dumb. Hell even at 25%, you are going to be able to practice “safe” social distancing with 15,000 fans trying to enter/exit the stadium six feet apart, going to the bathrooms, getting drinks/food, etc.? It’s logistically implausible.

recently had a couple of discussion with the person in charge of creating and implementing the plan at church for when we reopen to attendance at church in the very near future.

one thing they are going to do is dismiss the service row by row in an attempt to keep people from bunching up and they are going to "encourage" people to directly exit the building etc....

can you imagine dismissing the crowd at agc row by row, but if you are worried about spacing people in their seats what steps do you take to keep them bunching up on the ramps and concourse exiting the stadium?

who gets to keep the crowd from bunching up in the shade and air conditioning in the club sections?

will people who paid very good money for access, convenience, and comfort for those clubs and suites be agreeable if they are restricted where and when they can go?

HFrog1999

Or when it is determined that buffets are dangerous so the only food option is room temperature Lunchables and Mr Pibb?

e313efb73de84e192c3e17eeab271fd3--lone-star-state-dr-pepper.jpg

Dr. Coach Haus

recently had a couple of discussion with the person in charge of creating and implementing the plan at church for when we reopen to attendance at church in the very near future.

one thing they are going to do is dismiss the service row by row in an attempt to keep people from bunching up and they are going to "encourage" people to directly exit the building etc....

can you imagine dismissing the crowd at agc row by row, but if you are worried about spacing people in their seats what steps do you take to keep them bunching up on the ramps and concourse exiting the stadium?

who gets to keep the crowd from bunching up in the shade and air conditioning in the club sections?

will people who paid very good money for access, convenience, and comfort for those clubs and suites be agreeable if they are restricted where and when they can go?

If it is like last season, then not than many people will be there at the end of the game.
Problem solved.

Paul in uhh

They’re overthinking this whole thing. Open the doors to all who want to come.

Those who know they’re at risk won’t come.

Those who aren’t worried will come.

Make everyone sign a waiver or something on entry if needed to satisfy the blood sucking lawyers.

berryfrog95

81.5% renewal rate isn’t too bad during a Pandemic. Guess everyone is still fairly rich!!

I just renewed today!

holding steady at 81.8% renewals with 9% saying they’ll buy less tickets.

So, let’s say 80% renewal of 30,000 normal TCU season ticket holders = 24,000.

We all can likely go to the game!!!

Last edited:

HFrog1999

I’m just pissed because I had great seats in the old stadium. We got screwed on the reseating. I’ve been upgrading every year trying to get something comparable. I hoped TCU would’ve rewarded those of us who loyally renewed during a pandemic with a chance to upgrade. I had reason to hope that because that’s what the ticket office told me.

OFrog

I’m just pissed because I had great seats in the old stadium. We got screwed on the reseating. I’ve been upgrading every year trying to get something comparable. I hoped TCU would’ve rewarded those of us who loyally renewed during a pandemic with a chance to upgrade. I had reason to hope that because that’s what the ticket office told me.

I understand you wanting to be rewarded for your loyalty/renewal during the pandemic. Based on the Reduced Capacity and Upgrade Update email, you will receive that reward, it is just delayed until 2021 renewal.

When 2021 renewals come around, the people that didn't renew this year won't be part of that process, and their seats will be available for you to select. So that upgrade reward/benefit is still there, it appears TCU just doesn't see the point in doing upgrades for a season where realistically you won't be in your ticketed seat anyway.

HFrog1999

I understand you wanting to be rewarded for your loyalty/renewal during the pandemic. Based on the Reduced Capacity and Upgrade Update email, you will receive that reward, it is just delayed until 2021 renewal.

When 2021 renewals come around, the people that didn't renew this year won't be part of that process, and their seats will be available for you to select. So that upgrade reward/benefit is still there, it appears TCU just doesn't see the point in doing upgrades for a season where realistically you won't be in your ticketed seat anyway.

That’s not the way I understand it. I believe people have the option of not renewing for 2020 and keeping their seats for 2021.

ifrog

I renewed as I have for many years. With that said I am considering cancelling and applying the credit to next year and watching the games with my group of tailgaters at each other’s houses.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

I cancelled my order and asked for a refund. Hopefully we have games with 100% attendance this Fall. If so I’ll buy single game tickets or from the secondary market.

Hopefully we can renew next season

I really appreciate the ticket office’s flexibility. I wish they had stuck to the plan from last week though, because I think by Fall, Covid will be a distant memory.

Pharm Frog

I cancelled my order and asked for a refund. Hopefully we have games with 100% attendance this Fall. If so I’ll buy single game tickets or from the secondary market.

Hopefully we can renew next season

I really appreciate the ticket office’s flexibility. I wish they had stuck to the plan from last week though, because I think by Fall, Covid will be a distant memory.

What’s a COVID?