• The KillerFrogs

Farrington Field

illini_frog

Have coached several games at Farrington, great stadium with a great view of Fort Worth. Wish FWISD did more to update facilities to what they should be, the press box and locker rooms at Farrington are an embarassment.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I went to a WF Hirschi/Paschal game there in 1968. The place was packed. Since it was early in the year, all the Freshman "Wogs" were still required to wear their purple beanies at all times. You could scan across the crowd and see little dots of purple all over the place...I think the whole freshman team was there!

Portland Frog

Have coached several games at Farrington, great stadium with a great view of Fort Worth. Wish FWISD did more to update facilities to what they should be, the press box and locker rooms at Farrington are an embarassment.

Agree with this. Heck they were an embarrassment when I played (many moons ago). I worry of course they not only don't have the resources to make the necessary upgrades, but also don't have the means to retain the stadium long term. It's a worrying sign (at least from a casual observer on the outside) when FWISD properties are being sold and even Farrington is being considered for sale. Who knows what the future holds.

illini_frog

With COVID locker rooms are going to change, and probably for the better.

Heck, the visitors locker room at Farrington has one toilet for an entire damn football team, and it doesn't even have a stall. So if you need to take a dump, you get to do it while the entire team can see you

Big Frog II

Agree with this. Heck they were an embarrassment when I played (many moons ago). I worry of course they not only don't have the resources to make the necessary upgrades, but also don't have the means to retain the stadium long term. It's a worrying sign (at least from a casual observer on the outside) when FWISD properties are being sold and even Farrington is being considered for sale. Who knows what the future holds.
They have all of this valuable land and their plans in selling it is to use the money to build a new Ad Building and two new stadiums.

AroundWorldFrog

Heck, the visitors locker room at Farrington has one toilet for an entire damn football team, and it doesn't even have a stall. So if you need to take a dump, you get to do it while the entire team can see you
Or puke your guts up in front of the whole team. Saw more than one teammate do that. My dad took me to the Tyler/Heights game to see Earl. damn he was good.

And yea, those locker rooms stunk.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

I agree that these old ass buildings really need an update, but why does it take a stupid virus as a catalyst? scheiss this whole thing.

westoverhillbilly

I, too, saw that 1973 playoff game at Farrington with Earl Campbell and his twin brothers (Steve and Tim) of Tyler John Tyler against Arlington Heights.. I remember thinking Campbell looked like an offensive lineman out there, but on the first play from scrimmage, he shook off the whole Heights defensive line then ran around Mike Renfro like he was standing still.. TJT unsurprisingly ended up winning the title that year..

My father-in-law saw Bob Hope perform in the middle of Farrington Field in the early 40's.. I think he it was a benefit to try to sell War Bonds..

WIN

Love Farrington, but as a tax payer to fwisd there are business decisions that need to be made and I say sell the property. Yes, there are comparisons to the old Amon Cater but there are not donors stepping up to overhaul the facility and little future income compared to a thriving college sports program.

westoverhillbilly

Love Farrington, but as a tax payer to fwisd there are business decisions that need to be made and I say sell the property. Yes, there are comparisons to the old Amon Cater but there are not donors stepping up to overhaul the facility and little future income compared to a thriving college sports program.

I hate to say so but I tend to agree.. This is a facility that just sits idly and only gets used about 50 or so hours per year.. Clark Field now has also hosted games for 50 years too..

Now, when games are played at Farrington, the puny attendance makes an SMU home game look like a sold out SuperBowl. Yes, there's some interesting high school history at Farrington, but it's not so incredibly important/historic/iconic that it warrants maintaining 20 acres of Fort Worth's most prime land that would be of so much better use for so many other people. It's probably time to let it go, take the windfall of the sale and put it to use somewhere else, assuming the original donors (Van Zandt heirs) care enough to stop it or even have the rights to do so..