• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

JockO de Frog

Would be nice to get a commit soon...
Yep, it's been too long. From what it seems, if we can get them on campus it swings the recruits decisions in our favor. We haven't been able to do that because of the pandemic. Therefore, the big name schools and the BS of other programs seem to be winning out. Hard to get a sense of family until they visit. I think our coaches and the facilities really impress in person.

Froggish

Yep, it's been too long. From what it seems, if we can get them on campus it swings the recruits decisions in our favor. We haven't been able to do that because of the pandemic. Therefore, the big name schools and the BS of other programs seem to be winning out. Hard to get a sense of family until they visit. I think our coaches and the facilities really impress in person.

Pretty accurate. Definitely having an impact on this class. Hopefully football will get back on track and we can get some guys on campus this fall. Long way to go but there are only 3 P5 schools with lower ranked classes than us and obviously dead last in the B12. We need campus back open and at a minimum unofficial visits to be allowed.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Pretty accurate. Definitely having an impact on this class. Hopefully football will get back on track and we can get some guys on campus this fall. Long way to go but there are only 3 P5 schools with lower ranked classes than us and obviously dead last in the B12. We need campus back open and at a minimum unofficial visits to be allowed.
Do you even sleep at night with all the stress you carry about recruiting?

Moose Stuff

You should probably come to terms with the class being poorly ranked and very likely in the bottom part of the conference. It's gonna be half as big as everyone else's.

Eight

think frogs will sign a few more than expected because of attrition, but as others have pointed out this is going to be a small class and that will impact the ranking

bigger concern is the in state presence

Froggish

think frogs will sign a few more than expected because of attrition, but as others have pointed out this is going to be a small class and that will impact the ranking

bigger concern is the in state presence
Definitely going to be a small class. I'd guess in the 12-14 range even with attrition. Any ranking system that values quantity over quality is flawed. We'll see how it will all shake out. I'd like to see us get at least a few of the high level targets on our wish list.

Eight

Definitely going to be a small class. I'd guess in the 12-14 range even with attrition. Any ranking system that values quantity over quality is flawed. We'll see how it will all shake out. I'd like to see us get at least a few of the high level targets on our wish list.

here is a comparison of the top 25 2020 classes by 247 and then the top 25 classes ranked by average recruit ranking

1) uga 1) bama (+1)
2) bama 2) clemson (+1)
3) clemson 3) uga (-2)
4) lsu 4) lsu
5) ohio st 5) ohio st
6) atm 6) texas (+2)
7) auburn 7) atm (-1)
8) texas 8) auburn (-1)
9) uf 9) nd (+8)
10) tenn 10) uf (-1)
11) ou 11) ou
12) uo 12) mich (+2)
13) miami 13) uo (-1)
14) mich 14) miami (-1)
15) penn st 15) tenn (-5)
16) uw 16) penn st (-1)
17) nd 17) uw (-1)
18) so. car. 18) so car
19) no. car 19) no car
20) neb 20) tcu (+4)
21) stan 21) ken (+4)
22) fl. st 22) neb (-3)
23) asu 23) asu
24) tcu 24) fl st (-2)
25) ken 25) wis (-1)

class that made the biggest jump when using average recruit ranking was notre dame 8 spots and nd also happened to have the smallest class in either top 25. tcu was the only other class that signed less than 20 players in either top 25.

tennessee and stanford had the biggest drops when using the average recruit ranking,

personally, i think a variable that has to be factored in is whether a class attempts to fill needs, but i can't recall a ranking system that factors that in their ratings

Last edited:

Eight

ncaa apparently extended the recruiting dead period through july 31st banning in-person recruiting on- and off-campus for all sports

if the season is going to start roughly end of august or first of september it might make for a very hectic fall for college coaches.

frogs having a smaller class this year might work out well for them

Froggish

here is a comparison of the top 25 2020 classes by 247 and then the top 25 classes ranked by average recruit ranking

1) uga 1) bama (+1)
2) bama 2) clemson (+1)
3) clemson 3) uga (-2)
4) lsu 4) lsu
5) ohio st 5) ohio st
6) atm 6) texas (+2)
7) auburn 7) atm (-1)
8) texas 8) auburn (-1)
9) uf 9) nd (+8)
10) tenn 10) uf (-1)
11) ou 11) ou
12) uo 12) mich (+2)
13) miami 13) uo (-1)
14) mich 14) miami (-1)
15) penn st 15) tenn (-5)
16) uw 16) penn st (-1)
17) nd 17) uw (-1)
18) so. car. 18) so car
19) no. car 19) no car
20) neb 20) tcu (+4)
21) stan 21) ken (+4)
22) fl. st 22) neb (-3)
23) asu 23) asu
24) tcu 24) fl st (-2)
25) ken 25) wis (-1)

class that made the biggest jump when using average recruit ranking was notre dame 8 spots and nd also happened to have the smallest class in either top 25. tcu was the only class that signed less than 20 players in either top 25.

tennessee and stanford had the biggest drops when using the average recruit ranking,

personally, i think a variable that has to be factored in is whether a class attempts to fill needs, but i can't recall a ranking system that factors that in their ratings

2020 was a really good year for us in recruiting. I don’t know if you’ve looked in BCR which is defined as Blue Chip Ratio but it was one of the higher BCR% we’ve ever had.

Eight

C'mon, Regis.

ap389889445127_vert-55331e90c8082caa5954b6dff5fee7560fe3f9e6-s800-c85.jpg

now i know who has been teaching bunting to the frogs