• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

HFrog1999

Lucky? When did near certain death become lucky?

New TCU ticket scanner?

tenor.gif

tcumaniac

Yeah I’m cautiously excited about the meltdown and totally irrational complaints about having to sit in different seats if you are a lucky 50%er who gets into the stadium.

Already some complaints in these thread
I mean. I get your point, and the reality is that unless they allow 100% capacity, there’s not going to be an optimal solution. But, the potential complaints to come could be very valid.

If your season ticket has a large donation attached to it for a particular location, it wouldn’t be very fair if you aren’t allowed to sit in the particular seat you paid a premium for.

Still not giving up hope that they allow full attendance come September.

We make risk/reward choices every day of our lives. Why should this be any different.

Colleges just need to waive liability and let us make our own choices and live our damn lives.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I mean. I get your point, and the reality is that unless they allow 100% capacity, there’s not going to be an optimal solution. But, the potential complaints to come could be very valid.

If your season ticket has a large donation attached to it for a particular location, it wouldn’t be very fair if you aren’t allowed to sit in the particular seat you paid a premium for.

Still not giving up hope that they allow full attendance come September.

We make risk/reward choices every day of our lives. Why should this be any different.

Colleges just need to waive liability and let us make our own choices and live our damn lives.
It’s really not all that hard. If big donor person gets told his only option is sitting in north end zone instead of club suites then big donor has to decide if attending under those parameters is worth it. If not, get a refund, keep seats for next year. Then the next person in line can choose if those north end zone seats are worth it.

I donate. If I want to attend games I will do so if the value is acceptable. I have no desire to sit in the 400’s at any price. I’d rather watch at home. But that’s my decision to make. If I turn it down then someone else gets a chance. In no way do I end up harmed unless I blame TCU for something they don’t control completely. I trust they will do what’s best for the school, team and fans. Not everyone will be accepting of their decisions. I will be.

smufrogger

I'll be there for the games they let me attend. And if they say you have to wear a mask, I guess I'll buy a purple Frogskin colored one and be ok with that. If the choices are getting to attend a TCU football game at all this year, or a year without football (or only on TV), I can live with that. And if I have to watch a couple of games at AGC on TV that I'd otherwise attend, at least there is football!
You couldn’t pay me to watch a game with a mask on and deal with the cluster f of social distancing etc. I’ll gladly watch it on tv

TRF51

I'm guessing they'll alternate between adjacent season ticket holders. People in groups of two, three, up to ten, would sit together at one game, and the group next to them would miss that game. Then the next game, the group that didn't get to go goes, and the group that did get to go doesn't go. That way, you know that the seats on either side of each group would be empty.

Or, they'd just alternate rows. People in odd rows go to games 1, 3 and 5. Even rows go to games 2, 4 and 6. That might work as well.

Would the ticket holder be given half of their money back since they would only be able to use half their tickets?

I personally think they should start by allowing all those who do not feel comfortable going to the games to either get their money back now or wave their tickets for this year and get them back next year. I think that would eliminate about 30-50% of the issues.

TRF51

As someone who gave up season tickets this year, totally unrelated to Covid, I cannot wait to read this board when the official announcement finally comes down.
I fully expect a lot of understanding, cohesion, and flexibility.

I know some others who have decided to do the same, curious what made you make the decision? I have been thinking about it for a while since sometimes it is hard to give away tickets, especially when it is above 90 degrees and we are playing some low level football team.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel gave his up about 5-6 years ago when we were 2-5 at home and the response of the school was the raise the ticket prices 20%

In other news, Steel has something to sell you and needs you to pay the money to Steel right now. Steel can't guarantee that you will get anything for your money; and if you do get something, it may only be half or even a quarter of what you paid for. And what you end up getting may not be what you want, exactly. And don't worry, if you ask nice, Steel will give you your money back. Later. Probably. And don't worry about Steel's financial condition, even though Steel begs you for money all the time and such.

Steel gave his up about 5-6 years ago when we were 2-5 at home and the response of the school was the raise the ticket prices 20%

In other news, Steel has something to sell you and needs you to pay the money to Steel right now. Steel can't guarantee that you will get anything for your money; and if you do get something, it may only be half or even a quarter of what you paid for. And what you end up getting may not be what you want, exactly. And don't worry, if you ask nice, Steel will give you your money back. Later. Probably. And don't worry about Steel's financial condition, even though Steel begs you for money all the time and such.
Spoken like a true fan.

Would the ticket holder be given half of their money back since they would only be able to use half their tickets?

I personally think they should start by allowing all those who do not feel comfortable going to the games to either get their money back now or wave their tickets for this year and get them back next year. I think that would eliminate about 30-50% of the issues.
I think the ticket holders would all get half their money back. For donations and for tickets.

Of course, TCU would ask everyone if they wish to either get the money back, or donate the reimbursement.

WhatTheFrog

I think the ticket holders would all get half their money back. For donations and for tickets.

Of course, TCU would ask everyone if they wish to either get the money back, or donate the reimbursement.
And I will, of course, take the money. My money is not as important as other peoples' money. Nothing personal, of course, just a business decision.

@TFR51

Athletics will accommodate. If you do not feel comfortable going to the games, call them now and tell them that and they will refund. Our Athletics department is not the mafia.