• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

YA

I’m probably going to wait for the final decision before getting all worked up over it. I will draw the line at mandatory masks though. Not sitting at a darning football game with a mask on.
Same here

Have not worn a mask and don't want too either. Have not had anyone say a word to me or look crosswise either. I guess I might have to wear one to get a haircut soon or get my wife to cut my hair again which her skills are more terrifying than this virus!!

WhatTheFrog

I'm hoping for an all or nothing approach when it comes to season ticket holders. For example, I would prefer they tell me that I can use all 7 of my tickets for all games or none at all and resume as normal next season. If they start splitting up which games can be attended or half of the tickets can be used, that would be a cluster. If the cluster does happen, I would hope that the account holder can decide to opt for nothing option.

ShreveFrog

So let's say it's 50%. TCU only sends out half your allotments? You bought 4 but get 2? That way at least season ticket holders and half their group can go to every game. (Then TCU sells the rest of the non-season ticket seats so that there's a space between each seat?)

I mean, if TCU tells me that despite being a lifelong fan, I lost the lottery and can't come to OU, OSU or Tech, there's going to be some screaming over the phone at somebody or some ALL CAPS EMAILS!!! Especially when I'm willing to bet this virus is pretty much not going to be a big issue by the end of August.

Zubaz

I’m probably going to wait for the final decision before getting all worked up over it. I will draw the line at mandatory masks though. Not sitting at a darning football game with a mask on.
To me it should be one or the other. Either reduce capacity to facilitate distancing, or don't and mandate masks. Masks are for times when appropriate distancing isn't possible, no reason to combine the two, especially outside.

hometown frog

We were just chatting about this the other day. I’m assuming no visitors sections for football if we have any seat restrictions are in place. Figure you can also limit the student sections to a cap and run a lottery system for those seats. Next would be to not sell any individual game tickets and have no walk up tickets.

Now the next 5-10k of seats is where I get fuzzy on how they make it work over the course of a season.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Here’s the point YOU PEOPLE don’t seem to be picking up on:

How can TCU on the One hand say “Hey folks, get your season ticket applications and money in by June 1 to lock in your seats for an exciting 2020 season!”

While on the other hand saying “Only 25-50% of you people are going to be allowed into the stadjium, and we aren’t yet sure where as yet. Or what. Or who. Or especially WHY! But just give us your money, it’s for the chirren.”

That is all.

AustFrog

I'll be there for the games they let me attend. And if they say you have to wear a mask, I guess I'll buy a purple Frogskin colored one and be ok with that. If the choices are getting to attend a TCU football game at all this year, or a year without football (or only on TV), I can live with that. And if I have to watch a couple of games at AGC on TV that I'd otherwise attend, at least there is football!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
To me it should be one or the other. Either reduce capacity to facilitate distancing, or don't and mandate masks. Masks are for times when appropriate distancing isn't possible, no reason to combine the two, especially outside.
Agreed. Goes back the meme I see everywhere. If six feet works why the need for a mask? If the mask works why the need for the six feet?

hometown frog

Agreed. Goes back the meme I see everywhere. If six feet works why the need for a mask? If the mask works why the need for the six feet?
Need more than 6’ separation for louder talking droplets (12-15’ on average). A sneeze launched droplet goes about 30’. So the masks limit the droplets that get beyond that 6’ area on projected voice or sneeze situations. Those are fairly simple summaries.

So let's say it's 50%. TCU only sends out half your allotments? You bought 4 but get 2? That way at least season ticket holders and half their group can go to every game. (Then TCU sells the rest of the non-season ticket seats so that there's a space between each seat?)

I mean, if TCU tells me that despite being a lifelong fan, I lost the lottery and can't come to OU, OSU or Tech, there's going to be some screaming over the phone at somebody or some ALL CAPS EMAILS!!! Especially when I'm willing to bet this virus is pretty much not going to be a big issue by the end of August.
They are literally doing the best they can and within the letter of the law. There will be no perfect scenario here. They've mapped everything out and have a decision tree.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Need more than 6’ separation for louder talking droplets (12-15’ on average). A sneeze launched droplet goes about 30’. So the masks limit the droplets that get beyond that 6’ area on projected voice or sneeze situations. Those are fairly simple summaries.
So six feet doesn’t make sense then right? So why has it been drilled into us everywhere? Maybe the mask logic is bad as well. If I can’t trust what the experts are telling me, and constantly changing, why should I listen at all?

Eight

They are literally doing the best they can and within the letter of the law. There will be no perfect scenario here. They've mapped everything out and have a decision tree.

does that map look anything like this?

ThOjlcgrhrbJXQNa7OkzWZbT2Ic6_rF12zP6SU3oKsZFCHf_MSQK74bYzE3eFAM7HP1CmijfhaGeozVL9ManASBehCyZJ2gxtQQ0Q6z9b6K7xqaiknOV9tt546LmYlJdAABWua0v6GomSOcZpTErTcg8PiVpQSttkoTHxg

Wexahu

In a normal season I would guess 60-75% of the tickets that are sold get used (and that might be generous. I've been to games where it is easily less than 50%). So 30-35k people in seats. And if they limit it to 25 or 50% and the same number of people use their seats that would be 7,500 - 17,000 people. Then, I suppose there will be a higher number of no-shows just due to the fact that it will be so much less exciting. So call it 5-12k fans sitting "socially distanced" in a 45,000 seat stadium.

It's just kind of ridiculous.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
In a normal season I would guess 60-75% of the tickets that are sold get used (and that might be generous. I've been to games where it is easily less than 50%). So 30-35k people in seats. And if they limit it to 25 or 50% and the same number of people use their seats that would be 7,500 - 17,000 people. Then, I suppose there will be a higher number of no-shows just due to the fact that it will be so much less exciting. So call it 5-12k fans sitting "socially distanced" in a 45,000 seat stadium.

It's just kind of ridiculous.
I think you will see 50 percent if they allow it. There would be enough demand for that. The math would be different because a supply problem is created where there wasn’t one before.