• The KillerFrogs

PFN: TCU safety Ar’Darius Washington is a game changer

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ADW.jpg

TCU safety Ar’Darius Washington is a game changer

By Nick Farabaugh

When studying talented TCU cornerback Jeff Gladney during the 2020 NFL Draft process, it was hard not to notice the abundance of talent that TCU had on their defense. From other 2020 prospects like Ross Blacklock to standouts Garret Wallow and Trevon Moehrig, the TCU defense is loaded. However, Moehrig’s partner in crime, safety Ar’Darius Washington, is just as talented as anyone else on that defense.

Washington burst onto the scene as a redshirt freshman by snagging five interceptions and being named Big-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year. He is only 5’8″, but Washington made a name for himself nonetheless and was feared by opposing offenses.

Read more at https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tcu-safety-ardarius-washington-is-a-game-changer/

Limp Lizard

Should be interesting. I have often thought that Safety was the most important element on Gary's defense...we shall see. If we can stop the run and get a good pass rush I think the new CB's should be good enough to make this one of GP's best defenses.

Just control the injuries, dammit!

Portland Frog

Good stuff. Very impressive to be called a first round talent after one year as a starter. Hope he has an awesome year!

Agreed. This is a good article with the footage breaking down of how he excelled last year. What's impressive to me is how well he supported the run given his size. He is fundamentally sound in both pass coverage and run support.

Last edited:

Eight

go back and watch ar'darius' tape from high school and you will see him make play after play on defense, offense, and special teams

granted we are talking about a highlight tape, but remember he played for a very good program that plays a pretty tough schedule and i believe made it to the state finals his senior season

biggest knock was his size and not his ability. the only reason he was a 3-star recruit was that he is closer to 5' 8" than 6' .

he was compared to tyrann mathieu by jeremy and i think he is going to have a very good career for the frogs and will get dismissed again by the nfl which will be a mistake