• The KillerFrogs

Less Football Injuries in 2020?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Brave Combo headlines free summer concert-in-the park gigs for years running in San Marcos. High energy performers...everyone in conga lines, stuff like that.
Some friends had B.C. play their wedding some 20-odd years ago. Everybody danced like silly persons, even the old Grandparents waddled out to move around, oxygen tanks and all. Best wedding reception I have ever attended!

Spike

Couple of thoughts and 1 might ruffle some feathers:

1. At the last KFC lunch, Landry Burdine said that they were looking at what some of the kids were doing away from school with their own trainers and they advised them to make some changes there. I can't remember the details.

2. I realize football is not powerlifting and it's sure not bodybuilding, but I've sat on the front row several times the last few years plus been on field after purple/white games a couple of times. I have not been terribly impressed with some of the physiques on our guys. OTOH I was on the front row of the Georgia side at the Liberty Bowl and their guys all looked like they could lift a small building. It's no coincidence they ran at will and the safeties made most of the tackles. Same thing w/OU. Went to Norman last year. They were monsters. No wonder they have been the class of the Big 12 since we've gotten here. Maybe part of the issue is with the S/C programming.

Froggish

Couple of thoughts and 1 might ruffle some feathers:

1. At the last KFC lunch, Landry Burdine said that they were looking at what some of the kids were doing away from school with their own trainers and they advised them to make some changes there. I can't remember the details.

2. I realize football is not powerlifting and it's sure not bodybuilding, but I've sat on the front row several times the last few years plus been on field after purple/white games a couple of times. I have not been terribly impressed with some of the physiques on our guys. OTOH I was on the front row of the Georgia side at the Liberty Bowl and their guys all looked like they could lift a small building. It's no coincidence they ran at will and the safeties made most of the tackles. Same thing w/OU. Went to Norman last year. They were monsters. No wonder they have been the class of the Big 12 since we've gotten here. Maybe part of the issue is with the S/C programming.

I’d say with the exception of the OL and DTs much of that size difference is a function of GP’s scheme. He like to play smaller and quicker. We have always been undersized on the DL and LBs. Now as I recall, after that bowl game against GA it was GP himself that said we had to get bigger on the inside. It was no coincidence that they placed all their eggs in recruiting Ross Blacklock and Bethley after we got manhandled by GA in that game.

Mean Purple

I would anticipate there being more injuries this year for everyone without a typical off season. You can do all the cardio and lift all the weights you want but that does not make you in football shape.
I've been thinking the same thing. Glad they are letting guys back on campus for workouts. Because they are gonna need it.