• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Edited to include some tragedy.

lol, no, Reba’s stepson is married to Kelly Clarkson. Wills’ grandson is an artist. And Billy Bobs is still there. I will admit I don’t remember much of the concert and Merle wouldn’t let us on his bus because he was mad at Noel and the rest of us were questionable at best.

Horny 4 Life

I like podcasts because I can listen while I do other things like cooking dinner or going on 2 1/2 hour walks to get out out of the house. They are especially nice when you live alone in quarantine and rarely ever get to talk to anyone.

If I'm listening to something educational, then I want to be able to fully focus on that. If I try listening to something while I cook or clean or workout, then I absorb about 10% of what I listen to.

Road trips work for me because there is nothing but the occasional idiot on the highway to distract me.

ATC Frog

If I'm listening to something educational, then I want to be able to fully focus on that. If I try listening to something while I cook or clean or workout, then I absorb about 10% of what I listen to.

Road trips work for me because there is nothing but the occasional idiot on the highway to distract me.

agree with this. I started listening to podcasts when i changed jobs and I now drive a ton. They’re a great way to enjoy driving around most of the day. If I try to listen to them while doing pretty much anything else, I may as well not be listening because I don’t hear most of it.

Ron Swanson

agree with this. I started listening to podcasts when i changed jobs and I now drive a ton. They’re a great way to enjoy driving around most of the day. If I try to listen to them while doing pretty much anything else, I may as well not be listening because I don’t hear most of it.
Yeah I’m in sales so I drive around town all day. I discovered podcasts a year or two ago (that TX history one that PO Frog mentioned) and now I pretty much listen to them all the time when I’m driving for work.

Rogan is my favorite but I also like The Meateater podcast and some others.

SuperBarrFrog

You can’t walk and listen to a podcast at the same time? Sounds like you just prefer music, which is totally fine. Different strokes for different folks!

Mean Purple

I'm sure we've done this before but I'm not about to wade through this beast to find it so...now that I'm thinking about it... Top 10 Country Music acts, who ya got?

*Note: I tried to avoid crossover artists as much as possible, or else Johnny Cash would've been in the Top 5.

1. George Jones
2. Hank Williams
3. Waylon Jennings
4. Alan Jackson
5. Tom T. Hall
6. Willie Nelson
7. John Anderson
8. Alabama
9. Randy Travis
10. Reba McEntire
Good list. Like another, I would have to put Strait on there.

So I had the WSM on the other day and they were talking about a newer act. They usually play traditional, but occasionally have to play a contemp group/artist.

Well, I now know that Dan and Shay is basically a more dainty verson of Florida Georgia Slime.
Seems they have moved on from "bro-country" to "boyfriend country". And it is actually worse than bro-country.

There are some execs in Nashville who need their ass kicked.

froginmn

I'm sure we've done this before but I'm not about to wade through this beast to find it so...now that I'm thinking about it... Top 10 Country Music acts, who ya got?

*Note: I tried to avoid crossover artists as much as possible, or else Johnny Cash would've been in the Top 5.

1. George Jones
2. Hank Williams
3. Waylon Jennings
4. Alan Jackson
5. Tom T. Hall
6. Willie Nelson
7. John Anderson
8. Alabama
9. Randy Travis
10. Reba McEntire
I'm a big fan of Porter Wagoner too. It's a good list, though. I'd pull Randy Travis for George Strait, and bump Alan Jackson lower if he stays at all.

Bob Wills, Patsy Cline and Merle Haggard need to be in or close to my top ten. Reba and Alabama probably drop out. And Johnny Cash is in if Alabama can be considered.

One of the reasons I miss my work in the office is (funny) the commute, where I listen to Willie's Roadhouse on Sirius XM. Yes I could try to stream it but with three of us (including my daughter) using bandwidth, I can't really do that.

Shorty

Serial was the first podcast I listened to and that got me into some true crime ones. There's two comedians that do Small Town Murder and Crime in Sports and I really like those. I listen to podcasts all day at work so after running out of content a few months ago I started to listening to Joe Rogan from the beginning and his current shows with guests that really interest me. That will hold me over for quite a while. It's really interesting hearing them talk about technology and cell phones 7/8 years ago and where they were thinking tech would go.

Horny 4 Life

You can’t walk and listen to a podcast at the same time? Sounds like you just prefer music, which is totally fine. Different strokes for different folks!

I've got a 3 year old and a 7 month old, I don't even get to walk to the bathroom by myself.

If I'm working out by myself, yeah I prefer some music that matches my pace. If I'm in the car by myself for an hour or so, then a podcast might work, but honestly, I'm usually on the phone for work related stuff anyway.

The more that I think about it, the more I realize I just don't have any significant blocks of time to myself to do anything. Haha.

Horny 4 Life

I'm a big fan of Porter Wagoner too. It's a good list, though. I'd pull Randy Travis for George Strait, and bump Alan Jackson lower if he stays at all.

Bob Wills, Patsy Cline and Merle Haggard need to be in or close to my top ten. Reba and Alabama probably drop out. And Johnny Cash is in if Alabama can be considered.

One of the reasons I miss my work in the office is (funny) the commute, where I listen to Willie's Roadhouse on Sirius XM. Yes I could try to stream it but with three of us (including my daughter) using bandwidth, I can't really do that.

Fair point about Alabama. I never really consider them as anything but country, but they definitely had crossover appeal. The first place I heard Johnny Cash played were rock stations and he's in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, so it's hard for me to think of him as a primarily country artist.

SuperBarrFrog

I've got a 3 year old and a 7 month old, I don't even get to walk to the bathroom by myself.

If I'm working out by myself, yeah I prefer some music that matches my pace. If I'm in the car by myself for an hour or so, then a podcast might work, but honestly, I'm usually on the phone for work related stuff anyway.

The more that I think about it, the more I realize I just don't have any significant blocks of time to myself to do anything. Haha.

That’s kinda what I figured. I got a lot of time on hands being furloughed and living alone. About to go take podcast walk now. Ha.

Froginbedford

Fair point about Alabama. I never really consider them as anything but country, but they definitely had crossover appeal. The first place I heard Johnny Cash played were rock stations and he's in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, so it's hard for me to think of him as a primarily country artist.

I heard what became my favorite Johnny Cash record, "How High's Water, Mama?", on rock-n-roll station KXOL 1360 (yeah, I'm that old)....

ftwfrog

I love all those guys but you have to have George Strait in there.
I’m sure I’ve shared my unpopular opinion that I do not like country music.

However, George Strait is one of the best sounding musicians I’ve ever heard. When I didn’t see him on that first list I simply dismissed it.