• The KillerFrogs

POLL: Do you want TCU to play Bama in season opener?

Do you want TCU to play Bama in season opener?

• Yes

Votes: 156 84.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 11.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Wog68

Mr 4th Down -

And you sir are completely NUTS if you think this Tcu team is prepared to play the National Champion (Bama is always the favorite to win NC or at least in the Top 3 favorites).

Lets take a look at the units on the Tcu team that would suffer a total and complete laughingstock azzz-whippin from BAMA:

TCU OLINE
Nowhere near ready to face a team like BAMA. Frogs will have a freshman at one OT (Coker), a freshman at an OG spot (Burnette), and a very marginal player at the other OT (Storment or Myers both of whom have struggled - Storment was barely adequate last year on a terrible CSU G5 lower level team, and Myers has never been able to be consistent at OT and has been moved to OG numerous times due to his struggles at OT). You really want to put this badly inexperienced Oline up against the best DLine in all of college football ? It would be a total massacre.

TCU CBs
Two freshmen will be the starters at CB. Seriously, you dreamers want to put these little newbies up against some of the best All American WRs in the nation ? This will destroy the confidence of Frog CBs for rest of season as they get burned and roasted and toasted play after play after play, as the entire country laughs hysterically at the total incompetence of the Tcu CBs.

TCU DEs
Not good and way too young still. On pass plays when they attempt rush the BAMA QB they will look like little Sweeney 4 year olds trying reach for the candy all game long as their big brothers stiff arm them and keep them away all game long. Once again, it will be laughingstock national TV.

TCU RBs
BAMA will key on Evans and make him look like garbage and they will do it on purpose to make him regret his decision to spurn the SEC. The publicity of BAMA completely shutting down Evans and making him look like a loser will be broadcast all over the country.

TCU QB
Duggan has a year under his belt but is nowhere near ready for BAMA. He will be sacked so much he will think he is a loaf of bread at Safeway. Injury would be a huge concern here with him getting crushed constantly. He may go out for the year after this game.

Some posters here are complete ALICE IN WONDERLAND dreamers.

"GOLLY GOSH LETS PLAY BAMA AND GOLLY GOSH IF WE WIN WE WILL BE SUPERSTARS".

Blahahahhhaaaa !! Keep dreaming. Tcu beat WISCONSIN because Beliemma is a terrible Coach. Tcu beat Oregon because Oregon lost their 3 star Center and transfer starting QB, and substitute QB and C were terrible. None of that will happen with BAMA folks !! Saban always has his team ready to play and all their backups are 4 and 5 star guys too. Saban aint Beliemma !!

TCU can't get past OU and gets azzzwhipped by Sooners every year. How bad did OU get embarrassed in their playoff game ? That should tell you how this would go vs BAMA.

This is BAMA and you aint in Wonderland, all you little Alices !!
I'm thinking that based on you analysis, we should either move to the SWAC or become an NAIA team.

Eight

This thread helped me identify who I do not want in my foxhole.

92c5bc895de9c3e7d80dd79b05c3715b.jpg

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Just curious what some of you would think about this score if it happened -

BAMA - 52
TCU - 7

It would destroy the morale of the team for the entire year. TCU is not ready for BAMA. That is a fact. Just not ready. Bad bad idea to play a team like BAMA who has 5 star recruits at every single position.

Dont see how getting a legendary, bieeetch slapping, total laughingstock azzzz-whipping, on national TV helps the program.
TAKE A LAP!!!

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The people on this board are so funny. There's so many people that [ hundin] about playing schools like APB, Southern and smu every year and then when we have a chance to play a Bama or Ohio St or LSU; they want to [ hundin] about that too.

You can't please everybody so I think we should jump at the chance to play the big name schools when ever we have an opportunity too.

Putt4Purple

Top, what's your point? At this time we're the same team as the last game of the season. That's not so good. Play a top team helps the ego factor "before kickoff" but at games end 20-30 pts down will not help in the prestige dept and then the perception of the media?. Make the game the 10 or 11th game of the season and I endorse this match. Donati, I see his point in scheduling but not now.

Good Lord, why compete in life if you always think you will lose? That is what I get from your post. You think we have a better chance of winning later in the season? You beat the best when you have the opportunity. Sooner or later it has to be done!

Putt4Purple

Mr 4th Down -

And you sir are completely NUTS if you think this Tcu team is prepared to play the National Champion (Bama is always the favorite to win NC or at least in the Top 3 favorites).

Lets take a look at the units on the Tcu team that would suffer a total and complete laughingstock azzz-whippin from BAMA:

TCU OLINE
Nowhere near ready to face a team like BAMA. Frogs will have a freshman at one OT (Coker), a freshman at an OG spot (Burnette), and a very marginal player at the other OT (Storment or Myers both of whom have struggled - Storment was barely adequate last year on a terrible CSU G5 lower level team, and Myers has never been able to be consistent at OT and has been moved to OG numerous times due to his struggles at OT). You really want to put this badly inexperienced Oline up against the best DLine in all of college football ? It would be a total massacre.

TCU CBs
Two freshmen will be the starters at CB. Seriously, you dreamers want to put these little newbies up against some of the best All American WRs in the nation ? This will destroy the confidence of Frog CBs for rest of season as they get burned and roasted and toasted play after play after play, as the entire country laughs hysterically at the total incompetence of the Tcu CBs.

TCU DEs
Not good and way too young still. On pass plays when they attempt rush the BAMA QB they will look like little Sweeney 4 year olds trying reach for the candy all game long as their big brothers stiff arm them and keep them away all game long. Once again, it will be laughingstock national TV.

TCU RBs
BAMA will key on Evans and make him look like garbage and they will do it on purpose to make him regret his decision to spurn the SEC. The publicity of BAMA completely shutting down Evans and making him look like a loser will be broadcast all over the country.

TCU QB
Duggan has a year under his belt but is nowhere near ready for BAMA. He will be sacked so much he will think he is a loaf of bread at Safeway. Injury would be a huge concern here with him getting crushed constantly. He may go out for the year after this game.

Some posters here are complete ALICE IN WONDERLAND dreamers.

"GOLLY GOSH LETS PLAY BAMA AND GOLLY GOSH IF WE WIN WE WILL BE SUPERSTARS".

Blahahahhhaaaa !! Keep dreaming. Tcu beat WISCONSIN because Beliemma is a terrible Coach. Tcu beat Oregon because Oregon lost their 3 star Center and transfer starting QB, and substitute QB and C were terrible. None of that will happen with BAMA folks !! Saban always has his team ready to play and all their backups are 4 and 5 star guys too. Saban aint Beliemma !!

TCU can't get past OU and gets azzzwhipped by Sooners every year. How bad did OU get embarrassed in their playoff game ? That should tell you how this would go vs BAMA.

This is BAMA and you aint in Wonderland, all you little Alices !!

Please stop. Your efforts are not worth it. I said it in three sentences. Keep on trying.

TRF51

BAMA - 52
TCU - 7

It would destroy the morale of the team for the entire year. TCU is not ready for BAMA. That is a fact. Just not ready. Bad bad idea to play a team like BAMA who has 5 star recruits at every single position.

Dont see how getting a legendary, bieeetch slapping, total laughingstock azzzz-whipping, on national TV helps the program.

I don’t think we win but I don’t see them beating us like that. I would be surprised if they beat us by more than 14 points. We should not have any pressure, the pressure is on them if we play.

HFrog1999

BAMA - 52
TCU - 7

I really could care less about the score. I just want to go to a football game. If TCU and bama are the first game of the season, I can’t think of anything better.

LVH

The people on this board are so funny. There's so many people that [ hundin] about playing schools like APB, Southern and smu every year and then when we have a chance to play a Bama or Ohio St or LSU; they want to [ hundin] about that too.

You can't please everybody so I think we should jump at the chance to play the big name schools when ever we have an opportunity too.

I want to play Bama, but my issue with playing SWAC schools is that they are too easy, they are closer to Division 2 caliber teams than FCS caliber teams. If we are going to play an FCS team, play a team that will put up a bit more of a fight. I was sounding the alarms last year when we only put 39 on the board against a UAPB team that allowed 91 points to an FCS team the year before.

We were the first P5 team in the last 20 years to not score 40+ on a SWAC team.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I want to play Bama, but my issue with playing SWAC schools is that they are too easy, they are closer to Division 2 caliber teams than FCS caliber teams. If we are going to play an FCS team, play a team that will put up a bit more of a fight. I was sounding the alarms last year when we only put 39 on the board against a UAPB team that allowed 91 points to an FCS team the year before.

We were the first P5 team in the last 20 years to not score 40+ on a SWAC team.
Were you sounding the alarm because you lost money on us only scoring 39 points or because you were really worried about the outlook of the team?

Limp Lizard

A bowl game, sure. First game when we are still trying to right the ship, no. We tend to come into the first game all beaten up from Fall camp. Players would be looking to this all Summer, then after the loss they would by like SMU when the lose to us. A couple of games into the season, and the season is over.

HG73

Good Lord, why compete in life if you always think you will lose? That is what I get from your post. You think we have a better chance of winning later in the season? You beat the best when you have the opportunity. Sooner or later it has to be done!
Okay let's beat Oklahoma.

HG73

Does the WAC have any open spots for us to take?
My point exactly. We are not in the WAC anymore. We don't need to schedule Alabama, Ohio State and Nazi Germany OOC any more. We already play Oklahoma, Texas, and most of our long time rivals in conference. If we win this conference we are normally in the playoff no matter who we play OOC.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
My point exactly. We are not in the WAC anymore. We don't need to schedule Alabama, Ohio State and Nazi Germany OOC any more. We already play Oklahoma, Texas, and most of our long time rivals in conference. If we win this conference we are normally in the playoff no matter who we play OOC.
That wasn’t my point. I guess all those other schools that schedule those teams are just better programs than us in your view.

Pharm Frog

It is a low risk, high reward game.

Cal on the other hand is a higher risk, lower reward game. We should be expected to beat Cal. So beating them wouldn't really register on the radar. I know Cal's defense is really good and they are expected to have a decent year, but we have a better roster, so if we were to lose to Cal, it could derail the season like our loss to SMU last year.

Alabama, the risk is really in getting blown out. But if we could just be competitive(like we were against LSU and Ohio State), I think it would do more good for us than beating Cal would, even if we lost to Alabama

And all those thinking that Kill is the evaluator extraordinaire a game against a top tier team should be worth three games in terms of identifying changes that can and should be made.

Froginbedford

We've won the Big 12 just once (actually tied for first) and did not make the playoff....I understand what you're saying, but fax is fax....One unexpected championship five years ago and not being close since (no, playing and losing to OU twice in a year is not a national invitational level record)....