• The KillerFrogs

TCU at Utah

Paul in uhh

A few thoughts...
1) That team would've mopped the floor with our squad the last two years.
2) I remember the beating got so bad for Utah fans that a female Ute fan started stripping in the stands at one point and was arrested
3) Boyce, Kerley, Dalton all on the same team and that's not even talking about the OL. Wow. I'm hoping Zach Evans and Q Johnston can be to the 2020 team what Boyce was to this one
4) I don't see any reason why Duggan can't get to the level Dalton was at. The potential is there.

Frog DJ

That was one of the greatest days of this old Horned Frog's life!

I remember getting the long-sleeved white t-shirt at the official tailgate before the game.

I still have and wear that shirt on a regular basis, and it's one of the best bonding moments ever for me and my son.

When Boyce caught that bomb from Dalton my son turned to me and said, "They can't cover him, they can't tackle him and they can't catch him."

What a tremendous experience!

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Watched the first 3 quarters of this game this evening until my wife made me relinquish the downstairs TV.

Can’t believe how good that team was.

Reignited an epic debate in a group text I’m in as to who would win: 2010 rose bowl team vs 2014 peach bowl team.

I’m in the minority, but give me 2010.

Last edited:

Portland Frog

I’m amazed at how few drops we see from the WRs on this team. Of course I remember the season, but seeing this game again now is just a reminder of how good that unit was (and of course all the others were too). A complete team.

Well Evans did miss the PAT on the 3rd TD...so...

West Coast Johnny

On paper, the 2009 Team was better. Of course the 2010 team had more experience and sealed the deal and the 09 squad got shafted and laid an egg against Boise.

2009 Team had:
OT - Marshall Newhouse
LB - Daryl Washington
DE - Jerry Hughes

Ron Swanson

On paper, the 2009 Team was better. Of course the 2010 team had more experience and sealed the deal and the 09 squad got shafted and laid an egg against Boise.

2009 Team had:
OT - Marshall Newhouse
LB - Daryl Washington
DE - Jerry Hughes
This is a common misconception of TCU fans, just because the team had those guys you mentioned.

The 2010 team was statistically better on offense and defense, had a better final record, and had a higher average margin of victory. Nothing about the 2009 team was better than the 2010 team.

Ron Swanson

A few thoughts...
1) That team would've mopped the floor with our squad the last two years.
2) I remember the beating got so bad for Utah fans that a female Ute fan started stripping in the stands at one point and was arrested
3) Boyce, Kerley, Dalton all on the same team and that's not even talking about the OL. Wow. I'm hoping Zach Evans and Q Johnston can be to the 2020 team what Boyce was to this one
4) I don't see any reason why Duggan can't get to the level Dalton was at. The potential is there.
That 2010 team would’ve mopped the floor with every TCU team since 2015.

2017 may have been a game, but 2010 is winning for sure

MTfrog5

This is a common misconception of TCU fans, just because the team had those guys you mentioned.

The 2010 team was statistically better on offense and defense, had a better final record, and had a higher average margin of victory. Nothing about the 2009 team was better than the 2010 team.
Still think 2008 defense was the best of those three years