• The KillerFrogs

Bama and TCU in talks to replace their California opponents in week 1 if needed

Froggish

Or you become an "FCS" caliber school, that get's put on the schedule as a warmup without hurting strength of schedule... Please see BYU, Vandy, and most ACC schools for examples.

If you think we don’t have the perception now from the BlueBloods then you are living your life pre B12. Again,every B12 school not named OU/UT has that perception.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

you would be wrong. Gary is not a Sabin type at all. Most likely wanted to get out of his office and walk. A little me time. Gary is very approachable. Just don't fill the air with dumb questions, he gets enough of that from the media. BTW hiring Jerry Kill is turning to be a stroke of genius.

lol, that’s true. After his speech to the alumni at the Houston Bowl he got right behind me in the buffet line. I’m like, “dude you can cut, you won.”

Froggish

you would be wrong. Gary is not a Sabin type at all. Most likely wanted to get out of his office and walk. A little me time. Gary is very approachable. Just don't fill the air with dumb questions, he gets enough of that from the media. BTW hiring Jerry Kill is turning to be a stroke of genius.

Elaborate please. Seems a bit early to know that unless the measuring stick is GPs happiness

JerryWorld would be selling the tickets. It is their liability insurance carrier that would be doing the wording.

Past that, how does one provide a completely safe and secure environment free from any and all potential hazards?

There's a difference between protecting and providing a safe environment free of all risks, and doing some from all known and preventable risks. I can tell you from a 1st person perspective that the insurance companies are telling their business clients that at this point they have to assume they are liable for providing reasonable accommodations and measures to prevent the spread of COVID and that if they don't they will have liability and it WON'T be insurable outside of pandemic specific insurance which, as you might assume, is effectively unavailable today and infinitely expensive if it is.

06DallasFrog

Kids don't get the virus. The people who are getting sick with it are older. The people who are dying of it are very old. Aside from those small facts, the chances of actually contracting the virus, even in the latter two groups, are not all that great.

Cowering indoors, fearful of everything is no way to live life.

Just wanted to do you a favor while you fight the good fight.

Kids do get the virus and spread the virus. They are just highly unlikely to have symptoms or complications. Also, the chances of contracting the virus are plenty great. It spreads very easily, even if the LARGE majority of the population may not feel any impact. That's how it has spread to this point.

HG73

Please don't use the words Jerry Kill and stroke together.

Horny4TCU

If you think we don’t have the perception now from the BlueBloods then you are living your life pre B12. Again,every B12 school not named OU/UT has that perception.
I think we received respect until the last few years. The downward spiral of our perception wasn't until Kenny Hill and Cumbie started running the offense. We had a great run in '16, but between Robinson and Cumbie we dug a deeper hole. I'm sure none of us would like to stay there, and being in the position you described, we'd stay there.

Froggish

I think we received respect until the last few years. The downward spiral of our perception wasn't until Kenny Hill and Cumbie started running the offense. We had a great run in '16, but between Robinson and Cumbie we dug a deeper hole. I'm sure none of us would like to stay there, and being in the position you described, we'd stay there.

I understand your point. I guess I just don't believe that playing one more high profile blueblood game every year is enough to sink us to level of perennial loser. Outside of OU, and even in these last 2 down years, there isn't a single team on our schedule that has consistently beaten us down or outclassed us. Don't think that playing Bama or anyone else moves us from "up & down" B12 team to "always down" B12 team. We have been anything but consistently good since joining the B12 and playing CAL/Purdue every year vs Bama/Clemson won't change that.

Horny4TCU

I understand your point. I guess I just don't believe that playing one more high profile blueblood game every year is enough to sink us to level of perennial loser. Outside of OU, and even in these last 2 down years, there isn't a single team on our schedule that has consistently beaten us down or outclassed us. Don't think that playing Bama or anyone else moves us from "up & down" B12 team to "always down" B12 team. We have been anything but consistently good since joining the B12 and playing CAL/Purdue every year vs Bama/Clemson won't change that.
Would you rather lose to a blueblood every year or get a possible win over a mediocre P5? You might get lucky and beat the blueblood on a down year or surprise them (see OU '05). Winning games promotes a winning perception, even if you lose to a blueblood, you still lost and if that is the only game you lose, you will have to get over that loss. It would be harder to get to the playoffs if you have to explain why you already lost to the team you're about to play.

For the fans, I think playing Bama/Clemson is a great game and gives us something to look forward to. However, I would rather play them in a bowl game than play them in out of conference play. The Bama's of the world don't care about playing a tough out of conference schedule, they want the wins to guarantee the playoffs. Play to lose and that's what you're gonna do, pave the road to win and perpetuate the attitude throughout the season. Look at how the loss to tOSU derailed that season.

LeagueCityFrog

I want to play Bama right out of the gate first game of the year with our known entity of a solid defense and their unknown offensive identity of a new starting quarterback playing in our backyard on a big stage on national TV with probably College GameDay in the mix. I'll take our chances. Run the ball, cause turnovers, throw off of play action. Frogs just may win that game.

TCU should pull the trigger on this game. Frog fans will be there and they'll pocket at least $5 million bucks. Good luck getting that kind of money out of most non New Years Bowl games.

Another huge plus in my mind is that the kids on our TCU team will be training like mad men getting ready for the season once they know they have Bama right out of the gate. That's a big plus for me for conference play.

Froggish

Would you rather lose to a blueblood every year or get a possible win over a mediocre P5? You might get lucky and beat the blueblood on a down year or surprise them (see OU '05). Winning games promotes a winning perception, even if you lose to a blueblood, you still lost and if that is the only game you lose, you will have to get over that loss. It would be harder to get to the playoffs if you have to explain why you already lost to the team you're about to play.

For the fans, I think playing Bama/Clemson is a great game and gives us something to look forward to. However, I would rather play them in a bowl game than play them in out of conference play. The Bama's of the world don't care about playing a tough out of conference schedule, they want the wins to guarantee the playoffs. Play to lose and that's what you're gonna do, pave the road to win and perpetuate the attitude throughout the season. Look at how the loss to tOSU derailed that season.

Im not sure those two outcomes are the only options but if I have to pick from those, Yah I’ll take an opening game loss to a national power. We just disagree. Ohio St didn’t derail our season...TCU derailed it themselves

Hell Sent Frog

I want to play Bama right out of the gate first game of the year with our known entity of a solid defense and their unknown offensive identity of a new starting quarterback playing in our backyard on a big stage on national TV with probably College GameDay in the mix. I'll take our chances. Run the ball, cause turnovers, throw off of play action. Frogs just may win that game.

TCU should pull the trigger on this game. Frog fans will be there and they'll pocket at least $5 million bucks. Good luck getting that kind of money out of most non New Years Bowl games.

Another huge plus in my mind is that the kids on our TCU team will be training like mad men getting ready for the season once they know they have Bama right out of the gate. That's a big plus for me for conference play.

The payout is the best part of this possible game.

Last edited:

TooColdU

I dont think you’re giving their returning offense enough credit. Their starting QB, Mac Jones threw for 1,500 yards and 14 TDs in 4 starts last year. Their leading WR, Devonta Smith, is returning and Jaylon Waddle is a stud. They also bring back their star RB Najee Harris.

Putt4Purple

You're assumption sir is that we are going to lose. Wrong!

LeagueCityFrog

I dont think you’re giving their returning offense enough credit. Their starting QB, Mac Jones threw for 1,500 yards and 14 TDs in 4 starts last year. Their leading WR, Devonta Smith, is returning and Jaylon Waddle is a stud. They also bring back their star RB Najee Harris.

Look here.... Clemson had CJ Spiller who went on to be the starting running back for the Buffalo Bills... Gary found a way to beat Clemson at their place in a driving rain storm... Fear The Frog and let's schedule Bama.