• The KillerFrogs

First Five Star

Austintxfrog94

Seems like Wacker recruited a kid at QB, Rob Phoenix, that was a big-time star. I don't think he ever played, and followed Wacker to Minnesota.
Rob Phoenix was an OL at TCU and didn't play. Nice guy and pretty big but whatever they assessed at the high school level didn't translate over to college.

Welcome to TCU Zach Evans.

Froggish

There is literally no downside.

1. If it doesn’t work out you have a stable of really talented RBs.
2. Because of the timing it had no negative effect on any of your other recruits.
3.Profile and popularity is more influential in recruiting than wins/losses and this absolutely raises our profile with other big time Hs players.

I’d still be cautious until he’s actually coming out of the tunnel but let’s be honest, GP isn’t exactly a risk taker..this is a great day any way you shake it

MCFROG III

Has this kid exhibited any regret over his behavior prior to his teams state game? Maybe so, but I’m still not too excited about this.

I read earlier (another board?) that Evans apologized for his decision on the phone. It was also stated that a family member was ill and he wouldn't give up the cell phone in order to be accessible if things went badly. The coach refused to make an exception and Evans felt compelled to be with the family.

westoverhillbilly

Since I started following recruiting as a kid, Bub Deerinwater was the first of the very few prized recruits we've gotten a la mid 1960s from Wichita Falls, a running back who fizzled and ended up at Oklahoma State.. Ronnie Littleton was the next I remember from the early 1970s (also a Wichita Falls product) who was a complete miss.. Kenneth Davis (1981, Temple) did, however, live up to his hype until having to leave 3 games into his senior year as a strong Heisman candidate for taking payments along with Gary Spann and some other highly touted guys..

For some reason, I think Zach Evans may be different.. He may be one of those guys who comes in here ready to go and so talented that he plays like a man among boys.. Eventually, one of these prizes is going to come thru and grab a Heisman and a NC. If we and he are lucky, we'll all have 3 really productive years together..

froggy

Since I started following recruiting as a kid, Bub Deerinwater was the first of the very few prized recruits we've gotten a la mid 1960s from Wichita Falls, a running back who fizzled and ended up at Oklahoma State.. Ronnie Littleton was the next I remember from the early 1970s (also a Wichita Falls product) who was a complete miss.. Kenneth Davis (1981, Temple) did, however, live up to his hype until having to leave 3 games into his senior year as a strong Heisman candidate for taking payments along with Gary Spann and some other highly touted guys..

For some reason, I think Zach Evans may be different.. He may be one of those guys who comes in here ready to go and so talented that he plays like a man among boys.. Eventually, one of these prizes is going to come thru and grab a Heisman and a NC. If we and he are lucky, we'll all have 3 really productive years together..
You forgot mike luttrel

netty2424

You made that up.