• The KillerFrogs

First Five Star

Zubaz

I know both Robinson and Rodgers flirted with 5-stars at various points in their recruitment before ultimately landing at 4 stars.

But....didn't we have some random 5 Star in the early 2000's? Somewhere around 2001 I want to say. I don't think we ever amounted to much but I can't remember his name. Anyone know who I am thinking of?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Seems like Wacker recruited a kid at QB, Rob Phoenix, that was a big-time star. I don't think he ever played, and followed Wacker to Minnesota.

I know both Robinson and Rodgers flirted with 5-stars at various points in their recruitment before ultimately landing at 4 stars.

But....didn't we have some random 5 Star in the early 2000's? Somewhere around 2001 I want to say. I don't think we ever amounted to much but I can't remember his name. Anyone know who I am thinking of?

it was a qb who transferred to ATM I believe! He wasn’t consensus 5 star on all recruiting rankings. Zach Evans is the number one recruit in Texas! This was for 2020 not 2021. He is our top recruit in modern era of recruiting.

Starsies are important again...change my mind.

not this again? Talent is what matters we find it other teams don’t. The best highest ranked recruits tend to go to large high profile schools! I just hope this tells all recruits five stars it’s cool and ok to go to TCU!

our huge draft helped a lot you can go to TCU and be a first round draft pick! You have to get the first one now we just repeat the process!

peacock

I think you are thinking of RB Tyson Thompson out of Irving ...I believe he was a 5-star/Parade All-American never enrolled in school after getting caught stealing weights from the high school wound up at San Jose State

Westsider

Has this kid exhibited any regret over his behavior prior to his teams state game? Maybe so, but I’m still not too excited about this.

Eight

Has this kid exhibited any regret over his behavior prior to his teams state game? Maybe so, but I’m still not too excited about this.

reported that he apologized, but remember that he graduated from high school in november so there hasn't been much contact with him directly.

he has been very, very closed about this and in the link i posted in a couple of threads from 247 his grandfather was the primary influence in his life, dad wasn't around, grandfather died in fall of 2018 and a kid who has been in the spot light since his freshmen year in high school suddenly was navigating all the attention, all the focus without a great deal of help from home

Wexahu

It's hard to get too excited about anything when at the present time and for the foreseeable future we aren't supposed to get closer than 6 feet to another human being or enter a building without wearing a mask.