• The KillerFrogs

You know it, you love it, the typical Aggie delusion

LVH

Their schedule is very weak(by SEC standards). Missing out on non conference games would actually be detrimental to them because their non conference schedule is a joke. They would be skipping out on 4 wins.

Their schedule sets up nicely even in SEC play. Their crossover games are Vanderbilt(lol) and South Carolina. Perhaps the 2 worst teams from the East. They play teams like Arkansas who hasn't figured things out, and two Mississippi schools with new staffs. They also get LSU at home, who lets face it, is facing a rebuilding year. I could see LSU sliding like Auburn did in 2011. That leaves road games at Auburn and at Alabama.

If they can't go 10-2, then it will prove the Jimbo hire was a bad one. They have no excuses not to go 10-2 at worst. Winning at Alabama is probably asking too much, but if they can't at least split the Auburn and LSU games, which isn't asking too much, what are they paying Jimbo for?

Zubaz

Yeah, their schedule last year was brutal, I think all of their losses were to Top 15 teams. This year is the flip of that, their schedule sets them up for a lot more success.

tcudoc

iJGn9d87STJ8oF1Sz-m-WAtrjG3UmUZ_KqhvBZXHqlGgqk0VjIItA4ZEIW7wpDAjrs0bwbGt

tcumaniac

Funny. I texted my family group text this morning making fun of my sister that graduated from A&M a few years ago. They were having a virtual graduation ceremony for their 10,700+ graduating seniors and I said "Go to aggyland and you're nothing more than a number."

My sister responded by saying that I'm the dumbass that doesn't know how to spell "aggie" properly. I told her that my use of "aggy" was very intentional, and she claimed I was full of it. I did some googling to prove that aggy is very much an intentional misspelling used to piss off aggy and came across this beauty of a website. So much fun to read.

www.aggypedia.com

300px-Aggypedia_luvsturdition.png

One thing I didn't know:

Tcu_howdy_week_cover.jpg

TCU said it first!

" "Howdy" is a general colloquial greeting used by aggy. The use of "howdy" to greet visitors and fellow aggy has been part of the aggy culture since since the early 1960s when the tradition was widely practiced on the TCU campus in Ft. Worth.

While not nearly as friendly a campus as the TCU campus today, the aggy use of of the "borrowed" phrase "Howdy" is widely accepted as a sign of aggy friendliness... especially when you don't respond, and aggy gets all riled up and yells "HOWDY DAMNIT!" "

RufeBruton

Funny. I texted my family group text this morning making fun of my sister that graduated from A&M a few years ago. They were having a virtual graduation ceremony for their 10,700+ graduating seniors and I said "Go to aggyland and you're nothing more than a number."

My sister responded by saying that I'm the dumbass that doesn't know how to spell "aggie" properly. I told her that my use of "aggy" was very intentional, and she claimed I was full of it. I did some googling to prove that aggy is very much an intentional misspelling used to piss off aggy and came across this beauty of a website. So much fun to read.

www.aggypedia.com

300px-Aggypedia_luvsturdition.png

One thing I didn't know:

Tcu_howdy_week_cover.jpg

TCU said it first!

" "Howdy" is a general colloquial greeting used by aggy. The use of "howdy" to greet visitors and fellow aggy has been part of the aggy culture since since the early 1960s when the tradition was widely practiced on the TCU campus in Ft. Worth.

While not nearly as friendly a campus as the TCU campus today, the aggy use of of the "borrowed" phrase "Howdy" is widely accepted as a sign of aggy friendliness... especially when you don't respond, and aggy gets all riled up and yells "HOWDY DAMNIT!" "

prior to the 1960s, Fish were welcomed’ to campus with “C’mere sonny, I’m gonna remove all the hair from your head”

Froglaw

prior to the 1960s, Fish were welcomed’ to campus with “C’mere sonny, I’m gonna remove all the hair from your head”

Dad of Froglaw's favorite story about Howdy Week was about the 19 yo TCU sophomores.

Apparently the Sophmoes were not the brightest bulbs, etc.

The freshmen men's class of 1947 were 21,22, 23, and older WWII vets.

Since the male sophomores had been "hazed" and forced to wear Freshman Beenies, these older Freshmen should just accept their fate and meekly comply with tradition.

My dad's buddies had just fought the Italians, Germans, and Japanese forces into unconditional surrenders. One of Dads friends was from his HS class in Midland. He was an Army Ranger and survived Point Du Hoc on D-Day.

The rough looking Freshman just laughed and said something like, "Sonny, if you can put that Bernie on my head, I'll wear it."

Let your imagination complete the story.

tcudoc

Dad of Froglaw's favorite story about Howdy Week was about the 19 yo TCU sophomores.

Apparently the Sophmoes were not the brightest bulbs, etc.

The freshmen men's class of 1947 were 21,22, 23, and older WWII vets.

Since the male sophomores had been "hazed" and forced to wear Freshman Beenies, these older Freshmen should just accept their fate and meekly comply with tradition.

My dad's buddies had just fought the Italians, Germans, and Japanese forces into unconditional surrenders. One of Dads friends was from his HS class in Midland. He was an Army Ranger and survived Point Du Hoc on D-Day.

The rough looking Freshman just laughed and said something like, "Sonny, if you can put that Bernie on my head, I'll wear it."

Let your imagination complete the story.
I bet him and his friends were awesome. I wish we still had all of them around!! I’m sure you miss him every day! That is a great story.