• The KillerFrogs

Andy sighs with Cowboys!

TCURiggs

Dak has only missed 26 snaps the last 3 years in total. He has been extremely durable, but it will be really hard to keep up that luck forever.

Is that a thread? Keep an eye on this guy...

tenor.gif

2themax

I believe this is a move to light a fire under Dak's butt.
JJ has always believed in competition among teammates. A belief he inherited from J Johnson.
I believe Dak is an adequate qb but not one worth $40m/yr. Not even close.
AD is a nice 3 yr solution until a another young qb can take the reins.

Wexahu

JJ has always believed in competition among teammates. A belief he inherited from J Johnson.

This really isn't true, at least relative to other "GMs". He almost went out of his way to keep Romo protected from any real competition. Same with Dak up to this point.

I'd say Jerry's biggest weakness is that he creates an environment where everyone is way too comfortable. Jimmy was the opposite, that's part of the reason why those two couldn't co-exist.

2themax

This really isn't true, at least relative to other "GMs". He almost went out of his way to keep Romo protected from any real competition. Same with Dak up to this point.

I'd say Jerry's biggest weakness is that he creates an environment where everyone is way too comfortable. Jimmy was the opposite, that's part of the reason why those two couldn't co-exist.

Either way, it's still leverage against Dak's lofty contract demands.
I'm onboard with management's move.

CountryFrog

Come on now Wex. No one was comfortable under the authoritarian rule of Wade Phillips and then Jason Garrett. Those two are basically Stalin and Mao in the way they run a team. I've heard that Jason even used the F word from time to time.

Purp

He was earning $6 million per year as the Cowboys coach. Sign me up for that kind of brain damage.
I didn't say the brain damage cost him his career. Anyone with obvious signs of cognitive issues can always find high level work with Jerruh.

FrogCop19

What’s the over/under odds on Andy meeting Dak on day one....wearing his Rose Bowl ring?
Never happen. Never. Andy will show up in a Toyota Corolla and sweat pants, walk up to Dak with a smile, and shake his hand. "Man, so great to meet you! Looking forward to working together! Here, I brought a plate of cookies my wife made. Let's get to work!"

At least, thats how I see it happening...