• The KillerFrogs

Texas Football: TCU: How Jerry Kill's role as 'head coach of offense' will work

CryptoMiner

Portland Frog

I learned something new today: I didn't realize both Patterson and Kill *played* for Dennis Franchione. I must have fallen off the cabbage truck.

Eight

https://www.texasfootball.com/artic...-of-offense-will-work?ref=article_preview_img

“I coach the coaches,” Kill said. “I watch the film with them, go over all the techniques, everything we’re doing. I can be there during game day, make recruiting suggestions. I can do anything off the field, and during practice, I can be on the field. You can coach a lot and not have to say anything.”

you have a 2nd and 7 at your opponents 32, you have had success running the ball and their corners are still playing back. sonny picture in your head what play i have written on this card....

latest

Last edited:

HG73

On game day (if we ever play again) will Kill be in the booth? Will he be on the headphones with SC and GP? Will he have veto power on the play calls?

"No...no...no way...no not ever...well maybe just this one time"?

Or maybe like the pitcher shaking off the catcher? Hand signals? Mirrors?

Maybe just a big Kill switch and a big NO flashes on the scoreboard?

I sure hope Kill helps us. I like him, like his style, hope his health holds up.

Eight

On game day (if we ever play again) will Kill be in the booth? Will he be on the headphones with SC and GP? Will he have veto power on the play calls?

"No...no...no way...no not ever...well maybe just this one time"?

Or maybe like the pitcher shaking off the catcher? Hand signals? Mirrors?

Maybe just a big Kill switch and a big NO flashes on the scoreboard?

I sure hope Kill helps us. I like him, like his style, hope his health holds up.

tenor.gif

Pharm Frog

It's crazy that those four practices were the best we have had in five or six years.

It's not crazy at all when you consider the preface to that assessment: "According to Coach Patterson..." I'm sure those practices were like browning hamburger meat in a hubcap found in the ditch off the Jacksboro Highway during a waning gibbous moon phase.

PhillyFrog

Failure sure is an orphan, huh.

This is, I suppose, what happens when you go 1-6 in one-score games. Flip that result and we're looking at what happened for the Bears last year.

Matt Rhule was one smart mofo to bail out for the NFL.

FrogAbroad

Failure sure is an orphan, huh.

This is, I suppose, what happens when you go 1-6 in one-score games. Flip that result and we're looking at what happened for the Bears last year.

Matt Rhule was one smart mofo to bail out for the NFL.

He had his heart set on the NFL even before Day #1. Baylol was just an audition tape for Rhule, and the guy did show he could coach a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The man is a doggone good coach, IMO.