• The KillerFrogs

FWST: NFL evaluators ripped TCU’s Duggan. But Patterson says he’s ‘a great leader’ on the rise

Eight

I was just implying first years can be rough for QBs who end up good. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Mahomes but similiar style if Max gets more accurate.

different offenses, different skill sets, i agree first years can be rough, but not sure that is exactly what pat's numbers above reflect.

4:1 td to int ratio and 15+ yards per catch are pretty solid first year numbers

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
reminds me of the story bum phillips would tell about earl campbell

oilers draft earl and bum is excited to hear what the staff thinks about earl after they get to have him go through practice. while the backs are going through agility drills bum asks the running back coach what he thinks and the coach responds he is worried because everytime earl tries to run backwards through the drill he falls down.

bum's response supposedly was that they didn't draft earl to run backwards
I don't know that anyone properly cataloged all the Bum-Isms that rolled forth during those years. Another of my favorites was when Bum was asked about Earl, "He gets up slowly. Does that bother you?"

"No," sayeth Bum. "He goes down slow, too."

LVH

To say Duggan is the worst QB someone has ever seen means he doesn't watch a lot of football... as a big college football bettor I watch a ton of college football and have seen bad QBs. Duggan wasn't great but worst ever? Come on

If Dalton was thrown to the wolves as a true freshman against a Big 12 schedule in 2006 it would have been similar if not worse. One can argue Dalton didn't really get it going until 2nd half of the 2008 season(with the Utah hiccup). He had some pretty bad games in his redshirt freshman year

Tumbleweed

I don't know that anyone properly cataloged all the Bum-Isms that rolled forth during those years. Another of my favorites was when Bum was asked about Earl, "He gets up slowly. Does that bother you?"

"No," sayeth Bum. "He goes down slow, too."

Bum after a team pre-season physical..."Doctor's tell me I'm fine so now I know when I have a heart attack on the sidelines I'll die healthy.'