• The KillerFrogs

FWST: NFL evaluators ripped TCU’s Duggan. But Patterson says he’s ‘a great leader’ on the rise

Pharm Frog

max made a number of big plays with his feet, but this isn't wacker's veer offense and unless we see bill snyders qb run based offense n the frogs near future the ability to throw the ball is going to be critical for the success of this offense (along with receiver, oline etc.. for those who will rush to defend max)

In fairness I imagine the entire spring practice was trying to imitate Bill Snyder’s QB run offense with Bill Snyder’s second or third string QB.

4 Oaks Frog

To pass some time, as part of my High Risk Old Fart Cobid19 Stay at Home Orders, I am rewatching the 2014 Frog season. Just finished the Thanksgiving Texas University game. The fella that said Max is the worst QB he had ever seen obviously never tu QB Swoopes. Oh Lord, how did that kid ever make the field. FWIW, I don’t think Max is even close to the worst QB. He has the makings of a great player, and I think this year he will turn some heads...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and f baylor!!

Atomic Frawg

According to PFF of all the targets Reagor had last season only 61.4% were even defined as "catchable." That ranked 118 out of 120 with receivers targeted at least 80 times, and almost 90% of his catches were when he was lined up as right wideout.

Once we hitched our wagon to MD it was a learning season. Our season was reasonably predictable. The kid had a bad passing year, but he's got guts and is a competitor. He showed flashes, but I didn't see growth from him or Cumbie as the season progressed - which is really all you want of true freshman and the team as a whole.

Now we look for growth in year two and more from Cumbie. I'm betting if you asked the kid that he'd tell his play, true freshman or not, wasn't what he expects of himself. Maybe Meach/Kill will make a difference. But the measurable numbers tell the tale. They are the eye in the sky. Y'all know the rest.

Froggish

Someone on twitter said it best. Max was about 3rd or 4th on the list of issues last year

1. Nobody has sucked more than Cumbie and the fact that he hasn’t been able to develop a QB or call a complete game since he got here is like swimming with a bowling ball around our ankle
2. Recruiting. I’m happy to have Max but why did we have to leave richest football recruiting soil in the country to find our next generation QB?
3.Offensive line play has been horrible for 3 of 4 years now and is in perpetual rebuilding mode.

In the last year GP has said two really alarming things. We are more popular with recruits outside of TX and yesterday he said we’ve never had good QB play from a 1st year starter. Those are extremely concerning things to shrug off. It doesn’t generally work out for any school who can’t recruit TX (ask NE). Especially one located in TX! Never being able to get good QB play out of a first year starter shouldn’t seem normal. There’s just a real stagnation in the program right now and I’m not sure it can change.

Tumbleweed

Imagine Max has spent hours in the practice facility. Probably has employed the services of a QB coach outside TCU. Nothing wrong with Max's arm but his footwork has to begin again and grove the technique. That's a tall order. Obviously he's a competitor but I would rather use the word 'fighter'. Confidence with qb's and kicker's are paper thin and getting off to a good start is essential. Additional talent is coming in so it will be very interesting to watch the progress of ALL of the QB's. Regarding expertise, I don't place a lot of confidence in the present situation but I hope I'm wrong. As u know it all starts with the quarterback if your going to succeed.

denverfrog

Duggan is a different level of athleticism and leadership than most QBs at the college level. I believe a year of Malcom Kelly will make a huge difference in our passing game. And,just remember, before you put any credibility into that comment, some NFL “expert” thought that Johnny Manziel, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf and Vince Young were all going to be NFL studs.....

PO Frog

Duggan’s footwork is incredible. His blocking up front sucks (especially the last 5 games) and he needs to improve his accuracy, although the two go hand in hand.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Duggan is a different level of athleticism and leadership than most QBs at the college level. I believe a year of Malcom Kelly will make a huge difference in our passing game. And,just remember, before you put any credibility into that comment, some NFL “expert” thought that Johnny Manziel, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf and Vince Young were all going to be NFL studs.....
There have been many guys through the years that the NFL has managed to ruin, whether through mis-using their talents or through teaching them that all they had done before was wrong, and this is the "right" way. Like the late, great Dan Jenkins wrote, "They done took a lot of good College running backs and taught them how to slip and fall down."

Eight

There have been many guys through the years that the NFL has managed to ruin, whether through mis-using their talents or through teaching them that all they had done before was wrong, and this is the "right" way. Like the late, great Dan Jenkins wrote, "They done took a lot of good College running backs and taught them how to slip and fall down."

reminds me of the story bum phillips would tell about earl campbell

oilers draft earl and bum is excited to hear what the staff thinks about earl after they get to have him go through practice. while the backs are going through agility drills bum asks the running back coach what he thinks and the coach responds he is worried because everytime earl tries to run backwards through the drill he falls down.

bum's response supposedly was that they didn't draft earl to run backwards