• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
7 Latino gentleman might even outwork the tickler. Whoa.

11974754-2AB1-4659-BF5D-4EF34983616D.gif

TCURiggs

I’d like to get a Ron update if he’s up to sharing.

I'll share for him. He's a stud. Finished his radiation treatment (think he had 14ish days of it) and is just at home healing up. He's still not getting around well (wheelchair when needed), but hopes to start seeing some positive results from his treatment in the coming weeks. They're expecting a full recovery, hopefully without a stem cell transplant within the next decade or so (think he could likely have to have one way down the road). He might correct some of that, but I think I got most of it right. He got some killer hospital shoes out of the deal, though.

He also got some more great news, as his infant son has to have skull surgery in a couple of weeks. Apparently it's a fairly common surgery (1/2000, which I guess Ron thinks is common since he got that 1/1,000,000,000 cancer), but still... woof.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I'll share for him. He's a stud. Finished his radiation treatment (think he had 14ish days of it) and is just at home healing up. He's still not getting around well (wheelchair when needed), but hopes to start seeing some positive results from his treatment in the coming weeks. They're expecting a full recovery, hopefully without a stem cell transplant within the next decade or so (think he could likely have to have one way down the road). He might correct some of that, but I think I got most of it right. He got some killer hospital shoes out of the deal, though.

He also got some more great news, as his infant son has to have skull surgery in a couple of weeks. Apparently it's a fairly common surgery (1/2000, which I guess Ron thinks is common since he got that 1/1,000,000,000 cancer), but still... woof.
Thanks for the update, Riggs. Glad to hear he made it through the treatment okay.
But dayum, how much does this family have to go through? First, all that scary stuff that Ruby went through when she was born. And now his baby boy. Serious thoughts and prayers for the RonSwans.

TCURiggs

Thanks for the update, Riggs. Glad to hear he made it through the treatment okay.
But dayum, how much does this family have to go through? First, all that scary stuff that Ruby went through when she was born. And now his baby boy. Serious thoughts and prayers for the RonSwans.

You nailed it, Q. It's become a running joke on our group message... the darning "Good Luck Fairy" just likes to put it to Ron and his family. It's unbelievable. Luckily, they're going to overcome all of it with flying colors, but it's ridiculous at this point.