• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

NewFrogFan

We are going to have win JoJo late...Important for any offensive player leaning towards LSU to know that they have plenty of question marks of there own.

1. We haven’t been able to replace Boykin (Max could be that guy) and there’s nothing that says they’ll replace Burrows.
2 Brady, the brains behind that passing game is gone
3.Lot of NFL talent moving on.

I could easily see a scenario where LSU is an 8-9 win team next year..

We have won recruiting battles in the last few weeks many times. This is no different

Hayes, Johnston, and Savion are all recent examples

Plenty of question marks? You are not looking at the same depth chart I am. Comments like this were all over the place about JB, JJ, CEH last year, we know how that worked out. Texas fans especially spoke just like this, as it turns out thank God they played LSU in Sept and not Nov or Dec. Brady brought additions to the passing game but Steve Ensminger WAS and still is the OC. You think they just forget what they just did? Really? A bigger question is Cumbie has demonstrated some rather average offensive game plans the last 2 years, he is still here, I’ll take my bets on LSU remembering what they did vs Cumbie coming up with something he seems to have a problem with.

Moose Stuff

Plenty of question marks? You are not looking at the same depth chart I am. Comments like this were all over the place about JB, JJ, CEH last year, we know how that worked out. Texas fans especially spoke just like this, as it turns out thank God they played LSU in Sept and not Nov or Dec. Brady brought additions to the passing game but Steve Ensminger WAS and still is the OC. You think they just forget what they just did? Really? A bigger question is Cumbie has demonstrated some rather average offensive game plans the last 2 years, he is still here, I’ll take my bets on LSU remembering what they did vs Cumbie coming up with something he seems to have a problem with.

Very defensive response. You lose that much talent you have question marks as a result. It's not a criticism, it's just reality.

Frog-in-law1995

I remember vividly watching Bucky Richardson from Broadmoor HS in a playoff game against my HS at Denham Springs. He did not throw much but could run.

That was the year of the option right. Then Jeff Granger came along in 92 and somehow figured out how to throw a split-finger fastball with a football. We called it the year of the bounce pass. At least until Pullig took over.

Froggish

Talent will never be an issue at LSU. Your making the assumption that the next guy up at LSU is a no brainer because of his talent level. It’s not. It’s a question mark. Last time I checked, replacing your passing game coordinator/Co-OC, your QB, and damn near double digit draft picks equals quite a bit of question marks regardless of your talent level.

There is no question anyone with a brain would bet on LSU vs TCU. You missed my point.

asleep003

Though my Brother has been an LSU fan since Jr High and has 2 graduated daughters from LSU... he would feel OK with an 8-4 LSU season, if there is one. Would believe most of us would be very accepting of a 7-5 in a Frog rebuilding season of 2020...

Eight

steve and lsu without brady against saban at home in 2018 went for 0 points and less than 200 yards.

seem to recall lsu did a bit better last year at bama and i think it was more than just player improvement

JockO de Frog

Talent will never be an issue at LSU. Your making the assumption that the next guy up at LSU is a no brainer because of his talent level. It’s not. It’s a question mark. Last time I checked, replacing your passing game coordinator/Co-OC, your QB, and damn near double digit draft picks equals quite a bit of question marks regardless of your talent level.

There is no question anyone with a brain would bet on LSU vs TCU. You missed my point.
I think I saw that they lost 14 to the NFL.

CryptoMiner

Alexander Honig to Gunnar Helm for 6, das is gut

Gunnar Helm TE 66/220 Cherry Creek HS (CO) kid is racking up the offers which include Aub, KanSt, OkieSt, Tenn, AZSt and many others. Extremely underrated on the boards but college coaches, including TCU are on him.

TE TE TE TE

Gunnar gets the offer (Alabama and Penn State have also offered since first reported above):

Last edited:

Punter1

When I lived in Baton Rouge, I officiated a couple of his games. He was a one-man team without very much help. Outstanding athlete.

We actually just offered Bucky's son, John Paul...who is a '21 WR at Ridge Point HS near Houston. The new HC there is former Frog safety Rick LaFavers.