• The KillerFrogs

FWST: NFL evaluators ripped TCU’s Duggan. But Patterson says he’s ‘a great leader’ on the rise

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
NFL evaluators ripped TCU’s Duggan. But Patterson says he’s ‘a great leader’ on the rise

By Drew Davison

TCU coach Gary Patterson isn’t worried about what NFL analysts thought about quarterback Max Duggan or the offensive struggles last season.

The Horned Frogs’ offense has been scrutinized in recent weeks as professional teams evaluated receiver Jalen Reagor. Reagor’s limited production was written off by some NFL teams based on Duggan’s play.

“[Reagor] played with possibly one of the worst college football quarterbacks I’ve ever seen in my life,” an NFC coordinator told NFL.com.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article242363046.html#storylink=cpy

Pharm Frog

I mean NFL guys are mostly out of touch with the college game. If you just looked at the tape - he was awful. Particularly in areas that you would look at from an NFL standpoint.

And? If you’re “an expert” on QB play and aren’t willing to go on the record about QB play, I will discount your comments about QB play by 100%. And reporters who attempt to amplify their opinions without attribution should lose their jobs. They are peddling in anonymous gossip

A much anticipated 2020 season should provide answers to an array of questions ranging from QB performance

to the deployment of an effective offensive game plan. tic, tic, tic....

JockO de Frog

I hope that with Kill coming in, all quarterbacks will be equally evaluated and given a shot regardless of what may or may not have been promised. Duggan has a long way to go and we may have two other quality quarterbacks.

jake102

He did have a ton of passes dropped. Wish they kept that stat for college ball. We had to lead the nation in drops.

For a true freshman I believe he has a ton of upside. And he beat texas. There's that.

Believe PFF keeps track of drops. Occasionally they will post something on it.