• The KillerFrogs

2020 NFL Draft

Glad you pointed that out before I did...haha.

Just another of many kids like Daje Johnson who insisted on playing offense when the could have been 10 year NFL vets. No doubt he was a productive player on offense for us but as I said in 2016...his NFL career will probably most likely compare to Matthew Tucker...UDA then bounce around the league for a time...then gone.

Way to wish the kid well in his new job. That’s the spirit. What a jack leg. I bet he preforms very well in the pros. Good luck and congrats!

Christcu

ron, you are right and thanks for the correction.

ross was a 4-star out of elkins and a top 50 recruit in the state. what is interesting when i went back and looked at the state's class that year was the number of defensive tackle prospect that year.

texas the past few years has struggled to produce a couple of quality defensive tackle prospects for some reason.

2016 the state produced ed oliver, jordan elliott, ross, bravvion roy, and madubuike who all have made the nfl

ross is the first defensive tackle i can recall with nfl tools in terms of size and athletic ability . combine that with the willingness to learn and working his ass off to drop 30+ lbs and hopefully he is the first of a number of fitch's guys to get in the nfl

thanks again for the correction
So sweet

CountryFrog

Then why are you so negative on Hights? Am I missing something?
I think you're more adding something than missing something. No one on here has said a single negative thing about Hights.

I don't think any of us who have watched Frog football over the last few years looked at Hights as a future NFL player. That's not saying something negative. But the guy didn't play very much here.

SuperBarrFrog

I think you're more adding something than missing something. No one on here has said a single negative thing about Hights.

I don't think any of us who have watched Frog football over the last few years looked at Hights as a future NFL player. That's not saying something negative. But the guy didn't play very much here.

Let’s just be clear, I added nothing to this discussion!

Wexahu

The thing with a guy like Hights is if he goes all in on being a special teamer, which I'm sure he will, he does have a chance. There are some teams who because of their roster makeup can afford to have a special teams ace who does literally nothing else. I think he did show a knack for it at TCU, he seemed to be in on a lot of tackles.

His odds of making a team are still really long but he does have a chance. Maybe even better than a guy like DA, who if he isn't getting carries, has little to no value.