• The KillerFrogs

2020 NFL Draft

Eight

Is there a scoreboard somewhere that gives a breakdown of Big12 Teams and their draft picks so far for this draft?

GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

tcu - 4
ou - 4
texas - 2
tech - 1
baylor - 1

by the p 5 conferences

bama and lsu - 19
the other 12 teams in the sec - 21
THE ohio state - 7
the other 13 teams in the big 12 - 10
big 12 - 12
pac 12 - 12
acc - 8

Eight

draft trivia question. winner gets some of lvh's psych meds

prior to ross blacklock being taken by the texans yesterday, the last tcu defensive tackle to be drafted in the nfl was?

Froggish

i do agree the frogs recruiting class rankings have gotten better and i do think the overall athletic ability on the roster is as good as it has been in some time

gladney is an example of a kid who was overlooked by the recruiting services and a number of other schools, he wasn't even rated in the top 100 recruits in the state of texas and you don't go in the first round of the nfl draft on grit and toughness alone.

i think the big issue when we start talking about recruits having nfl draft potential is whether or not they come to campus with the basic physical tools of their position and how things develop from there.

take niang for example. he wasn't even a top 500 national recruit, was the 50th best offensive tackle prospect in 2016 and when he showed up as a freshman you could see the massive frame and great feet.

you can be smart, you can be tough, you can have great technique, but if you are going to play tackle in the nfl you have to have those physical tools. aviante's collins, matt pryor, joey hunt, and jospeh noteboom are all examples of underrated recruits at their positions who had the physical tools for the nfl.

don't want to say they could have done nothing in ft worth and still would have made the nfl, but the reason why i don't see cordell making it is he doesn't have the massive size and/or the unique athletic ability

t

Good Points...As for OL, Even the best coaches in the country have acknowledged that there isn’t a tough position to project success in than an OL. Lot of really big kids, that have athleticism but that doesn’t always translate to being a good OL.

As my old HS football coach used to say, I know plenty of big strong guys I’d never asked to help me in a fist fight. They don’t like confrontation and they are to even tempered to stick around after the first punch is thrown. The best OL are just big and strong but they aren’t going anywhere when fist start flying. That’s a really hard thing to see at a camp or find on film

Eight

interesting thing about gary's time as a hc at tcu.

everyone automatically thinks of defense and all the defensive talent, but since gary took over full time in 2001 the frogs have had 46 players drafted and 12 of those have been offensive line.

one step beyond, the frogs have only had 7 defensive linemen drafted over that same time period and if you add in the linebackers the numbers go to 14 players out of the frogs frog 6 on defense drafted compared to 12 offensive linemen.

Froggish

interesting thing about gary's time as a hc at tcu.

everyone automatically thinks of defense and all the defensive talent, but since gary took over full time in 2001 the frogs have had 46 players drafted and 12 of those have been offensive line.

one step beyond, the frogs have only had 7 defensive linemen drafted over that same time period and if you add in the linebackers the numbers go to 14 players out of the frogs frog 6 on defense drafted compared to 12 offensive linemen.

Ive always thought that GPs defensive genius is how much success he’s had with marginal Def talent. His ability to call his scheme in the heat of the game is unmatched in college football. It’s a sum greater than the whole. I can’t remember what former coach said it about GP but it was something about the 4-2-5 being a complete failure if GP was the one calling it. It’s his feel for the game that makes it work.

Eight

Ive always thought that GPs defensive genius is how much success he’s had with marginal Def talent. His ability to call his scheme in the heat of the game is unmatched in college football. It’s a sum greater than the whole. I can’t remember what former coach said it about GP but it was something about the 4-2-5 being a complete failure if GP was the one calling it. It’s his feel for the game that makes it work.

i am a big fan of cooking shows where they throw a group of ingredients at chefs and ask them to come up with a meal because i love to watch the substitution of ingredients.

example, i wasn't given butter or lard, but i can use avocado for my fat in making this dish.....

if we go back and look at the top recruits in the state especially since the frogs have come into the big 12 they are offering the highest rated kids. in 2016 they were very much would have loved to sign kendall sheffield, holton hill, kris boyd, pj mbanasor etc..... because gary has the ability to project their physical abilities into his defense

he knows that defense, he knows what each position requires, and i truly believe just as a friend of mine who does great wood work can look at a piece of wood and SEE what the wood can be made into gary does the same with prospects. he id's physical traits that he must have and works around missing traits.

in the case of gladney the kid could not only run his ass off, but had great feet and balance....i remember when tcu offered daje' johnson and gary's biggest focus was johnson's feet.

Frog-in-law1995

Viking’s twitter guy flubbed again. Last night he posted a picture of Darius Davis in their Gladney edit. Today he said the James Lynch went to “Baylar.”

Frog-in-law1995

Derrick Brown not happy with the Black Sports Online editor.

n6QQNee.png