• The KillerFrogs

Baylor, TCU alike in one way

hiphopfroggy

Pharm Frog said:
Since adult liberals are such a beating may we agree that we only should have liberals through age 22 (or when employed whichever comes first) and from 22 on you have to be conservative? I could get behind that proposal FF.

^This is the post that I was replying to.

why don't all liberal groups move to Russia or China?
see, others can make stupid quips too.

Stupid quips are the trademark of baddass republicans. Am I not allowed to participate? Snowflake.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
When you were in college, politics were pretty irrelevant to the college aged student. Sure, there were hot button issues, but for the most part, both main parties had similar objectives, just different strategies for reaching them.

In today's day and age, the left is trying to fundamentally undermine and change who we are as a country. I applaud any student willing to go against the grain of liberal college brain washing and stand up for the future of the country they love.

Disclaimer: I wasn't involved in a single political or student government related organization while in college.
Nope. Regardless of the times or political climate I would have 100 percent been jackassing around and not sitting in a conference room arguing about the damn liberals and their agenda. Undergrad is the best 6-7 years of your life, if done right.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Nope. Regardless of the times or political climate I would have 100 percent been jackassing around and not sitting in a conference room arguing about the damn liberals and their agenda. Undergrad is the best 6-7 years of your life, if done right.
And I would further add that there are only three reasons people join any of these groups in college: to get justice, to get rich or to get laid. Those go in order of least to most important.

Showtime Joe 2.0

UPDATE:

It appears TCU has reversed their decision and decided to approve TPUSA after all.

Good job killerfrogs. We were obviously the difference makers here.

I heard the same good news yesterday afternoon, Maniac, from a fellow alumnus friend of mine who was involved in negotiations on this issue.

I'm not going to reveal any names or too much information here but, apparently, a sticking point was that a prospective student club has to demonstrate interest on the part of a minimum of ten students to be recognized and TPUSA had purportedly only come up with seven. Yesterday, however, they came up with a list of 19 students. So they should be good to go.

Interestingly, I also learned that TCU has over 250 recognized student organizations on campus and that there was actually a TPUSA group on campus before at some point so this was all, apparently, just a big misunderstanding.

I don't know when the 10-student minimum rule for clubs was implemented but I was the founder and chairman of the very first YAF chapter on campus back in the day and, I can assure you, that we never had anywhere close to ten members! Our hazing and initiation rituals were so severe that hardly any students were able to make it through the gauntlet. The requirement that a prospective member burn a 30-foot cross at night on the lawn in front of the library and get away with it was one that really separated the men from the boys, as I recall.

TCURiggs

I heard the same good news yesterday afternoon, Maniac, from a fellow alumnus friend of mine who was involved in negotiations on this issue.

I'm not going to reveal any names or too much information here but, apparently, a sticking point was that a prospective student club has to demonstrate interest on the part of a minimum of ten students to be recognized and TPUSA had purportedly only come up with seven. Yesterday, however, they came up with a list of 19 students. So they should be good to go.

Interestingly, I also learned that TCU has over 250 recognized student organizations on campus and that there was actually a TPUSA group on campus before at some point so this was all, apparently, just a big misunderstanding.

I don't know when the 10-student minimum rule for clubs was implemented but I was the founder and chairman of the very first YAF chapter on campus back in the day and, I can assure you, that we never had anywhere close to ten members! Our hazing and initiation rituals were so severe that hardly any students were able to make it through the gauntlet. The requirement that a prospective member burn a 30-foot cross at night on the lawn in front of the library and get away with it was one that really separated the men from the boys, as I recall.

You should post more.

If nothing else, the activity in a few of these threads (primarily the rona thread) during this lockdown has exposed some interesting folks I wasn't previously aware of (Showtime, Sweat Equity, another layer of flyfisher, etc...).

ticketfrog123

not sure I care one way or another.

But I find it interesting that you totally missed the idea that groups like the Lariats, Showgirls, Cheerleaders, Rangers, and other student spirit organizations are all basically doing the same thing in different ways - but no one is talking about why do we have all of them...

You went a bit broad with spirit organizations. Using your example we have 7 political groups on campus which some think is 12 too many. Don’t know what lariat is but sounds like we should cancel that since I’ve never heard of them.

rangers showgirls and cheerleaders are obviously very distinct.

tcudoc

Disclaimer: I wasn't involved in a single political or student government related organization while in college.
You were part of the self-perpetuating autocracy, not an anarcho-syndicalist commune, as I recall. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you! I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
I'm being repressed!
fid23855.png

tcumaniac

You were part of the self-perpetuating autocracy, not an anarcho-syndicalist commune, as I recall. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you! I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
I'm being repressed!
fid23855.png
I recognized most of these words... but as for the intended meaning of them, well...

tenor.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You went a bit broad with spirit organizations. Using your example we have 7 political groups on campus which some think is 12 too many. Don’t know what lariat is but sounds like we should cancel that since I’ve never heard of them.

rangers showgirls and cheerleaders are obviously very distinct.
Very distinct?