• The KillerFrogs

NFL.COM 2020 NFL Draft: Five players who could be first-round surprises

CryptoMiner

2020 NFL Draft: Five players who could be first-round surprises

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...firstround-surprises?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU

After the big three (Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb and Alabama's Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs) and probably LSU's Justin Jefferson, it's anyone's guess who the fifth receiver will be off the board. Arizona State's Brandon Aiyuk and Baylor's Denzel Mims have been popular names in recent mock drafts, but there's also some love for Reagor (5-11, 206), who had 148 catches for 2,248 yards and 22 touchdowns in 39 games (25 starts) over three seasons despite substantial challenges around him. "He's a really good player," an NFC coordinator said. "He played with possibly one of the worst college football quarterbacks I've ever seen in my life. That makes his film pretty bad." Echoed another coordinator: "The Reagor kid is interesting because his quarterback play was so atrocious. It's hard to put that on him. But he wasn't consistent either. He's got return ability, too, so that's where he separates himself a little bit." Reagor scored twice on 15 punt returns last season. He ran a 4.47 40-yard dash at the combine, where he showed off freaky athletic ability with a 42-inch vertical and 11-6 broad jump.

Horny 4 Life

"He played with possibly one of the worst college football quarterbacks I've ever seen in my life. That makes his film pretty bad." Echoed another coordinator: "The Reagor kid is interesting because his quarterback play was so atrocious. It's hard to put that on him. ..."

Well, I guess there's nowhere to go but up for our QB play this year!

Eight

Well, I guess there's nowhere to go but up for our QB play this year!

some on here will make comments about reagor's play, his not trying on routes, he and his family throwing shade about the frogs quarterback play etc.....but these comments are coming from guys who have no reason to go one way or the other and in all honesty the frogs quarterback play was bad last year.

i would bet if you went back through the games you would find at least 1-2 throws a game where either jalen or another frog was wide open for either a score or big play and the ball never got close enough for the receiver to make a play on it

jake102

Yeh Duggan was awful, the OL was awful, the WRs were awful outside of Reagor and Barber. RBs were fine. There were definitely at least five times during the season where Reagor would of had a long TD if not for an overthrow

Planks

I remember a few years watching a YouTube video of Josh Boyce plays in the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl against MSU. Someone had put it together because Boyce was a draft prospect at the time. The comment section was completely filled with pats fans absolutely stunned at how terrible the TCU QB play was in the game. Multiple times Boyce was wide open and either not seen or completely missed on a way off target throw.

Duggan was bad most of the time last season. But he is very far from a lost cause. Loads of potential.

Eight

I remember a few years watching a YouTube video of Josh Boyce plays in the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl against MSU. Someone had put it together because Boyce was a draft prospect at the time. The comment section was completely filled with pats fans absolutely stunned at how terrible the TCU QB play was in the game. Multiple times Boyce was wide open and either not seen or completely missed on a way off target throw.

Duggan was bad most of the time last season. But he is very far from a lost cause. Loads of potential.

max has got some physical tools and over the course of the season made some very good throws, throws that took physical talent

his bad throws were almost the stereotypical type where he had plenty of time to think about the throw and would badly miss it.

Tumbleweed

Not really a good endorsement of the coaching staff. The driver continually looked the other way early when it became evident the overall talent and depth was lacking. One thing for sure, our bunch had plenty of excuses.