• The KillerFrogs

What are you watching since COVID19 shut down live sports?

MTfrog5

Just finished Season 1 of Cheer. About Navarro College. Impressive athleticism and similar production to Last Chance U but I do have to wonder about national championships when there’s only two teams competing (unless the show totally skipped over some qualifying competitions)
Wife did cheer and said they completely skipped the indoor part of that competition at Daytona. Solid show though

FBallFan123

Fort Worth’s own Paulie Ayala gets the Showtime boxing spotlight tomorrow as they replay his fights against Johnny Tapia.

Their first fight was Ring Magazine’s Fight of the Year for 1999.

FrogAbroad

Super Bowl XII, Dallas v. Denver.
  1. Only two announcers in the booth, Summeral and Brookshire, and they stick with the game/players on the field. Refreshing.
  2. Two sideline reporters mainly covering injury reports, no "entertaining interviews" during plays.
  3. A basically uncluttered screen--no play clock, no down and distance info, no crawlers with sports tidbits from other events, rarely even the time remaining.
  4. Announcers fascinated by the overhead cam in the Superdome; evidently it was still very new in January '78
  5. The halftime show was not the "main thing"

PO Frog

Started watching season 6 of Bosch tonight on Amazon Prime...excellent series.
Wish you wouldn’t have told me because now I’m going to knock it out over the weekend and get no sleep. For some reason I can’t stop watching those once I get started. Great series - took a while for me to buy into that guy as Bosch but I’m used to it now and he’s great.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Anyone on here watch Westworld? I fancy myself a fairly smart dude, but I have ZERO clue what is happening on that show and why.

The first season it was easy, the boobage was great, but now, in the third season, I don’t know if I am watching because it is good or due to me being unable to figure it out, thus, it has to be good.

I’m with you bro. I had to watch the second season a few times and read some online recaps to get the full picture of it all. Haven’t seen the 3rd season yet.

Froglaw

Rewatched Scent of a Woman yesterday.

For some reason I did not remember the movie.

Pacino is in Full Pacino mode the entire film.

I felt for Charlie's character for being placed in a situation that was created by no fault of his own.