• The KillerFrogs

Fall 2020 - Spread the Fans ... not the Virus.

asleep003

Formulas for spectators in the Amon Carter to have 4,000/6,000/8,000 seats available. Is it even feasible or is an empty stadium the only reality for any potential ball in the fall.

texas_sicilian

Guess it depends on which “phase” we’re in by then...

Options/scenarios are:
1) proceed as normal (unlikely)
2) proceed w/current dates but no fans
3) proceed w/current dates but limited fans
4) postpone entire season

Moose Stuff

Guess it depends on which “phase” we’re in by then...

Options/scenarios are:
1) proceed as normal (unlikely)
2) proceed w/current dates but no fans
3) proceed w/current dates but limited fans
4) postpone entire season

1) < 1%
2) < 5%
3) 10%
4) > 85%

Purely my guesses here. I'm quite confident the season will not start on time and be played with normal fan attendance.

Paul in uhh

I’d rather not waste a year of GP’s tenure but maybe a year off helps him rejuvenate personally before giving it 110% in 2021.

I would imagine that we see a 2021 season with few/no spectators. Too many weird strings to untangle ncaa-wise and financially if there just isn’t a season.

Moose Stuff

I’d rather not waste a year of GP’s tenure but maybe a year off helps him rejuvenate personally before giving it 110% in 2021.

I would imagine that we see a 2021 season with few/no spectators. Too many weird strings to untangle ncaa-wise and financially if there just isn’t a season.

Assume you meant 2020. Hope to god things are close to normal by 2021.

asleep003

3 rows up from the field and then every 3rd row ... depending on width(#of seats across) per section. Have 2 sets of 2 and/or 4 tics via season ticket holders per row ... no occupied seat closer than 2 seats from the isle.

Could it work, possibly.... probably, no. With our season ticket holders... 4,000 fans would only sound like 350. So not much home field advantage and little $ value, for it to be worth it.. Band?

DickBumpastache

It’s either going to be no fans or postponed. Once you get anything over ~100 people the odds become extremely long. Entering/exiting the stadium even with a limited amount of people just isn’t feasible...not to mention bathrooms/concessions/etc.

asleep003

Wouldn't the Networks be very interested in the coverage they'll get with most every fan sitting at home watching 2 to 4 games all day long ... instead of millions of fans spending 6-8 hours prepping/ going/ arriving/ tailgating/ attending game/ tailgating/ getting out from the event/ dinner after/.driving home.

jake102

Harvard medical personnel say social distancing will have to extend to 2022....

It's just not possible. Social distancing isn't a long term solution unless you are willing to accept a severely different world

If you aren't going to let people into a football game, how the hell are you going to cram 200+ people into a tiny tube with re-circulated air for multiple hours (sometimes 12+ hours)? What about public transit in NYC, London, etc?

asleep003

Sell every third seat of every other row in all parts of the stadium except the lower bowl on the west side. Just seat them normally.
You would be killing a lot of conservatives if that was implemented ,,, many of whom seem quite cavalierish about the social distancing issues in the 1st place.

asleep003

If you aren't going to let people into a football game, how the hell are you going to cram 200+ people into a tiny tube with re-circulated air for multiple hours (sometimes 12+ hours)? What about public transit in NYC, London, etc?

Not to mention the 17/18 hour flts. Like having a smoking section years ago.

Froggish

Let fall practices start Sept 1st and the season start 6 weeks later. Only play conference games.

Our whole perception of COVID will be drastically different in 6 months.

asleep003

tcudoc

Not against conservatives(have several conservative buddies)... their shallow thinking on this pandemic issue that's so bothersome. For instance, The Donald calling out for liberating Michigan/ Virginia/ and Minn ... which is something he agreed to for the country for the month of April.

He's pouring gas on the fire of the demonstrators carrying several Trump signs... inciting and continued separation of this country... we need to be one and know!

Last edited:

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Not to mention the 17/18 hour flts. Like having a smoking section years ago.
It's hard to believe that smoking was ever allowed on airplanes and the "smoking section" did nothing to keep the smoke out of the rest of the cabin. Sitting in the row or two before the smoking section was a non-smoker's nightmare.

Regarding the original post, I doubt they'll play college football this year.
Where's Robot Wars when you need it? Or Punkin Chunkin?